Perola dos Anjos
$253
$188
$219
  • Breakfast included
TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto Hotel(Lisbon)
$184
$141
Melia.com
$253
$302
$276
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Oeiras(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
$62
HIExpress.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 5, 2011

At first glance the room seemed ok, it was bright and spacious, little did we realise that it was in a very noisy area and we would not get a wink of seep for the two nights we were there.
The man in reception did not speek much English but gestured for me to follow him so he could show me around, this guided tour consisted of a drity bathroom and a trip to the kitchen downstairs which was accessed by a metal spiral staricase that wobbled around as I stood on it.
The room had a bidet and sink in it which to our horror started spewing out excrement from the blocked toilet along the corridor!! The woman who worked there decided to solve the problem by putting a pulg in the bidet which only shot off as more excrement came out.
I would not reccomend this accommodation to my worst enemy!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Noangelsuze
Reviewed September 18, 2011

This place is truly ok. It is not fancy. It is not expensive. It is safe, sunny, and spotlessly clean. The hosts are very nice and accomadating, but sometimes a little disorganized. In my case they tried to make up for losing my reservation at LOW COST ROOMS which they also manage by placing me in a double room with my own bath at Perola dos Anjos. Nice, but in the summer one probably needs to sleep with the windows and shutters open to keep cool, and the garbage men come every night at 12:30 and they are sooooo loud. One night I stayed up until they had completed their work and it was the only good night sleep I had during my stay. ( LOW COST ROOMS is quiet, really quiet by the way.) The owners are practical and generous. The sheets are cotton and line dried in the sunshine. Bed spreads, too. The kitchen is fine. If you are serious about preparing your meals bring a good knife, but everything else is in the kitchen that you will need. The kitchen is kept clean.

Maria, Adriana and Patrícia are managing now. I think those really bad reviews are from the management before. There is internet service and they are helpful with advice about things in general. Fluent english is spoken at the desk. I wish them well and wish the garbage guys could pipe down.

On this advisary it is often commented that there are drugs and prostitution in this neighborhood. Maybe so, but I saw none of it. Perfectly fine area. Not fancy.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Billymoon
Reviewed June 17, 2010

The receptionist (Azad) was harassing me every time I had a visitor (twice). He claimed I wasn't allowed any visitors (no one was staying overnight!). He wouldn't allow me to check out early, saying I had made a booking and had to pay for the entire stay. He lied about the credit card machine, claimed it was out of service and wanted me to pay cash. After I refused, the machine quickly started working. My bed was made only once for 3 nights and my towels were not changed at all. The area seems infested with prostitutes and druggies day and night. Do not walk, especially at night. Overall -- HORRIBLE SERVICE, THIS IS NOT A HOTEL, NOT EVEN A HOSTEL BY ANY STANDARD. AVOID AVOID AVOID !!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank avvesome
Reviewed November 21, 2009

the guesthouse is perfect for its price. just a little bit off the centre, but i like walking and it is in an authentic neighborhood. the owner is very friendly and helpful. we felt safe the whole time we were there...and we arrived at 1 o`clock at night! the room had tv but not many other facilities, it is good for whoever want to explore the town and spend the time in the room sleeping. all in all, a pleasent experience and we will be going there again next week. (i fell in love with lisbon)

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RomaniaDana
Reviewed July 28, 2009

As soon as we entered the hostel, a guy in the reception told us everything we need to know about the city, what is worth seeing, how to get to different places in the city, etc. (he gave us more important info than that was in our guidebook).
Room was ok and the price was very low.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple