“Great mom and pop restaurant!”
Review of Mestre Andre

Mestre Andre
Ranked #736 of 4,349 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Castelo, Alfama & Mouraria
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were advised to try them and glad we did! I had steak and it was very tender and tasty! Their limon mouse is really good!! My steak came with fries and I asked if they would substitute veggies instead and it was not a problem. Overall good and very friendly people. We ended going there one more night and was just as pleased if not more. I would recommend them highly! We told them we were flying back home and they gave us hugs and kisses and wished us safe travels. Very sweet!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We took a quick look at the menu of this small local restaurant on new years day - and were surprised and really pleased to see that they had a vegetarian section with a number of options. We had a vegetable stew, served in a traditional cataplana. It was delicious, and we really enjoyed our meal and the welcoming service of this family restaurant.

There are a few tables outside and a nice atmosphere inside. The restaurant seemed very popular, with a few small groups and other couples. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Last day of our long weekend in Lisbon and in my effort to try all the Portugese delicacies I needed sardines.
Our Tuk Tuk driver suggested this place and although I am normally reluctant to accept that sort of advice (being naturally cynical) we were running short of time before leaving for the airport.
It was late for eating on a Sunday, about 3pm, but the charming moustachioed waiter cleared some space for us and made us very welcome.
The sardines were the best thing I ate in Lisbon (apart from the little custard tarts) and I finished the meal with a local spirit very like Italian Grappa, that was obviously brewed under the stairs. Brilliant.
I have seen other reviews that did not like this restaurant nor the food or service.
Let's just say we were very lucky.
Sat outside in late autumn sunshine, eating good simple food, drinking good local wine and laughing with friends.
What can possibly be better ?

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had the "tapas" menu with about fifteen cold and warm dishes, and it was very tasty. Also our desserts (lime mousse; lemon mousse with basil) were really good.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We went to this restaurant with my friends. It was the best food we ate in Lisbon during our three days stay. The food was really good and tasty, the owner who was the waiter, was very kind and helpful, speaking very good english. Prices are a bit above average. I recommend this place for a nice dinner.