“Excellent”

Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Food is excellent. Service was very good and friendly.
A little bit expensive but very tasty.
I recommend to book in advance, it was full for the whole evening

Write a ReviewReviews (4,864)

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were there on June 27, 2014 with no reservation, we were told no table available so we turned around to walk away, suddenly the manager said there was a table available. We should have walked away. We stayed and regretted it. Poor service, noisy, stressful ambiance, the waiter was anything but pleasant. The rice of the paella was Ok but the lobster tale and big shrimps tasteless and cold. I will not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank Yorghala
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I wanted to name this review "No Way Jose" because the name of our waiter was Jose. But then I would give you the wrong impression. The food was really good. I had the beef filet and my wife had the black pork. I highly recommend both. The disappointment was with the service. We felt invisible for most of the dinner. What a shame. Maybe just bad luck. Wish we had a different server. Make a res if you decide to go.

1  Thank Joel F
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife is Portuguese and we have been coming to Lisbon every year for 20 odd years, and it just occurred to me that I have never commented about one of my all time favorite restaurants anywhere.

Solar do Presuntos is one of those really rare restaurants where tourists and locals, celebrities and regular guests meet to enjoy a great meal. I do not know many places with more personality, it is buzzy, lively and provides exceptional entertainment value. The food is very solid with a mix of local cuisine and the freshest seafood you are likely to encounter anywhere.

It is not cheap, but in my opinion it is excellent value.

The restaurant has been there for decades and the current Junior is running the restaurant exceptionally well and the service and kitchen team has been there for ever.

Net, net - over the years I have sent countless friends and acquaintances and all of them came back raving. If you are in Lisbon and you are looking for a typical and lively restaurant with outstanding food - this is the one!

Reviewed June 27, 2014

We made a reservation (recommended) for our first dinner, arrived early and sat on the 1st floor dining area. There's always a little plate of cured ham with a slice of cheese (Combinado Especial) and a small ball of a brie-like cheese (Quiejo de Azeitao) waiting at the table. They can be refused, but they are specialties and should be tried with the warm bread. Service is excellent (little English spoken) and the kitchen is fast, even with all floors filled up.

Paella is very good, however a bit spicy (a lot of rice, not a lot of shellfish). The second night we walked in without a reservation, and sat on the third floor by a window. All floors are very nicely appointed.

The grilled sole was excellent, I asked for a traditional Portuguese dish, got grilled cod, however it is of the reconstituted kind, so it wasn't in the end to my taste.

Both nights we enjoyed a bottle of local white wine (very inexpensive 15-16 Euros).