“Memorable Bacalhau Assado”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My guide recommended this restaurant which is not far from my hotel on the Avenue Liberdad. I went for lunch on my last day in Lisbon - and had the best Bacalhau assado. I also had rice soup de santola - which was just as excellent. The service was not as warm - they pretty much ignored me as I was on my own and the restaurant was packed with office workers. The restaurant itself is just off Avenida Liberdad and next to the tram/furnicular. I will come back for the bacalhau.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Recommended by locals, we found this to be more like a factory.the tapas were excellent, but the mains disappointing. The lobster on the paella was dry & tasteless, the steak average. The goat was very good. It's expensive and highly rated & should be much better.

1  Thank Skimum123
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The restaurant has a very nice ambiance but was a little bit noisy and full of nationals and tourists. The menu has many options and our choices were all good but not exceptional. The service was also good. The only regret is the price as there are other good restaurants with similar food quality at a lower price.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This restaurant is right by the funicular, just off the main boulevard and easy walking distance from the subway. There are three storeys, all bustling with customers. We came as a big group, and our waiter did a superb job keeping the wine flowing, the food coming, and keeping the orders straight.

We don't always touch the little appertizers restaurants in Portugal bring to the table without asking, but at this place, the cheese, bread and spread are so delicious we clean the plates. The menu is quite extensive, with focus on seafood, and a wide variety of it, it's hard to just pick one dish. We have the black rice with seafood, octopus, and other items, and enjoy all of them. The octopus is amazingly tender, the shrimps juicy, the meat succulent. The fancy wine list comes on an ipad, so you get a lot of info about the wine.

All in all, I'd say this is the best meal we had in Lisbon!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Old client of this famous restaurant, the food is, as always, very good, but the servicewas below the standar for this kind of places. The wine list is very good