“Fantastic seafood, superb service”

Solar dos Presuntos
Ranked #138 of 4,104 Restaurants in Lisbon
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic seafood, superb service”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our meal at Solar dos Presuntos was the best we had in over a week in Lisbon. We found much of the food in Lisbon was too salty for our tastes - this one was not. The seafood was very fresh, extremely well cooked and accompanied by excellent service. I had a very tasty seafood casserole; my partner had whole fish which was expertly filleted by the waitor next to our table. Most of the customers were locals, and seemingly regulars. We would be regular customers if we lived there too!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Blanco, TX
“Deserving of the Great Reviews”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Solar dos Presuntos was on my list to visit from TripAdvisor reviews and was recommended to my friends and myself by our local guide when we asked her for a non-touristy place she'd recommend. The exterior (especially the street it's located on) belies the beautiful, upscale restaurant inside. Don't judge the book by its cover.

We ended up going here for lunch since we were fairly close by in the Rossio and needed a good place to eat. We all felt this was a fantastic meal in Lisbon and would be worthy of a lunch or dinner. The clientele appeared to mostly be locals with a couple of other tourists, which is always a good sign.

Myself and a friend shared the paella, which was good and definitely not lacking in portion size. My other two friends each had the salmon and absolutely raved about it. The wine was great, and the table appetizers of bread, olives, and a charcuterie-type plate (which of course you pay for only if you eat), were good as well.

The menu had some delicious sounding options for a dinner instead of our lunch. Our waiter Pedro was very friendly and funny and spoke passable English.

I would definitely revisit Solar dos Pesuntos on my next trip to Lisbon, but I'd have dinner instead of lunch to truly enjoy the great menu.

Visited June 2013
Trenton, Michigan
“Great!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great City. Great Restaurant. Great Location. Great Friends. Great Wine. Great Food. Great staff. Great Time!!

St. Thomas
“Top Notch from start to finish.”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Professional staff at all levels make this a top choice in Lisbon. Classic menu, Classic European professional service, but not living in the past with touches like extensive wine list on I-Pad. Lots of options for the pescatarians. It was recommended by both friends and hotel staff and was well worth the walk past the slew of restaurants on the same street. I had a view of the kitchen staff, and even with pressure of a full seating, they were smooth and on their game. I only wish I had more time in Lisbon to further explore the menu.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Hmmmmmmm”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is where you can say you get what you pay for. Its expensive, but well worth it. Everything is delicious but don't forget to taste the Arroz Negro (Black Rice). You won't regret it!

Visited June 2013