“Great view of Lisbon”
Review of Tagide

Tagide
Reserve with
Tagide is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #385 of 4,352 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chiado & Carmo
Description: For the past thirty years the Tágide restaurant has remained one of Lisbon’s most prestigious restaurants. Occupying a fine eighteenth century building, this flagship restaurant is situated in the heart of Chiado and boasts one of the most amazing views over the old quarter of the city and Tagus river. The Tágide will surprise you with its delicious Portuguese based “cuisine” with international influences, attentive service in a unique environment, and prices that offer excellent value for money.
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I went there to celebrate wedding anniversary. It is a good restaurant with good food and service.
I would recommend it for special occasions. Eat with a great view is possible if you book a table for lunch near the large door.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Tucked away on a side street up a hill, you probably won't stumble across this little tapas bar on your day out, but it is definitely worth seeking it out.

Not only is there a great view of Lisbon, their food is delicious and very reasonably priced. They do a special for €8.50 (plus €1.50 cover charge) where you get a starter, a glass of wine, and one of the daily specials. We went for lunch and had a choice between venison and octopus. Both were delicious - honestly the most perfectly cooked octopus I've ever eaten.

The only minor negative was the mediocre service. After excellent service elsewhere in Lisbon, they weren't particularly friendly or attentive. And then they pointed out tip was not included.

But in spite of this, I definitely recommend a trip to Tagide whilst in Lisbon!

TagideRestaurant, Gerente at Tagide, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your kind words about your experience in our restaurant!
We were very sorry to hear you have found our service unappealing!
We generally proud ourselves of having a top quality staff both kind and atrentive.
We have immediately gathered our team to discuss your review and reinstated our obvious policy of never sugesting tips to our guests!

So we really hope and belive that you will have one even more positive impression on your next visit!

Best regards,
The management

Reviewed January 14, 2014

This restaurant has one of the best views in Lisbon.
The decoration is old and a little cheesy and the menu wants to give the impression that this is a gourmet restaurant but in the end the food is not so good, only average, service is very poor and slow. I had a bónus in my dish, a large piece of paper and although they apologize for that, they charged it anyway...
Small choice of desserts, none of them apealing.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Imaginative chef. Absolutely great and knowledgable staff plus awesome view over a beutiful part of Lisbon. I make my way here every month, if possible. I always order the Tasting menu and I have been pleasently surprised by the innovative combination of various ingredients and tastes. This is without doubt one of my favourite spots in Lisbon and respect to the Chef and staff for upholding and maintaining an amazing service throughout these years. Bravo!!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The grilled octopus is the best we have ever had, the house wine is excellent and the service is very very good. It is a tiny place, but that is part of the charm. We went 2 times during our stay

1  Thank Jean T