“Stick to a la carte..”
Review of Tagide

Tagide
Reserve with
Tagide is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #391 of 4,499 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chiado & Carmo
Description: For the past thirty years the Tágide restaurant has remained one of Lisbon’s most prestigious restaurants. Occupying a fine eighteenth century building, this flagship restaurant is situated in the heart of Chiado and boasts one of the most amazing views over the old quarter of the city and Tagus river. The Tágide will surprise you with its delicious Portuguese based “cuisine” with international influences, attentive service in a unique environment, and prices that offer excellent value for money.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Bachelor party- to be frank our group absolutely did not fit into this environment and it became painfully apparent as the meal wore on that we were not 'in our place'...

That said, as a self avowed foodie, I was curious to see what such a well rated restaurant would offer us.

It seems that the menu was organized beforehand and to be honest, I can barely remember most of the dishes albeit to say that they were forgettable and the frankly I walked away sad...not angry...sad that such a well regarded restaurant was a place for such a mediocre meal.

The best part of the meal was the cheese plate I tasted (and which was not on the menu)...

So for my poorly behaved friends, I do regret the noise we made- but that does not take away from the unimpressive meal we had.

I would try again, with my partner and a la carte.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Despite beeing more than 60 people we had a great evening in this restaurant. Of course the Menu was previously arranged and we had very nice and good food. Personnel is ok and thewre is a great view from the rooms in the second flor...

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We found this place at lunch and were stunned by the fabulous views and the great meal. They had a very reasonable prix fixe menu. They also helped us with directions and suggestions for tourist sites. All around a great experience.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The food, the service, the view - all of it was an experience that lights you up. I loved the taste and presentation of the food. I went back to my hotel after a late dinner, feeling lucky and happy - and returned the next day to try their lunch! I am still happy. Thank you - to waiter Margo, and sorry I didn't get the name of two very kind waiters the next day.

1  Thank berte1966
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The view from the restaurant is great but come as contrast to the food and service.
Don't waste your time and money here.
We ordered the 42€ 5 course tasting menu.
When we got cheese and butter with stale bread I knew this was a bad omen. No self respecting high class restaurant should dare to serve 3 kinds of bread, all stale.
All the savory courses exhibited bad food flavors combination: Underseasoned peas soup with a fried " ravioli"; Fish with bananas; Duck with fresh stawberries and peas.
All dishes tasted bad.
The service was even worse: we sometimes waited over 30 minutesbetween each dish. The waiter said nothing when we returned the plates half full.
A really disappointing experience.

TagideRestaurant, Manager at Tagide, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Madam/Sir,

We are very sorry to hear about your bad experience in our restaurant.
Although we strive to keep all our clients satisfied, it is sometimes impossible to present a service that gathers a general consensus.
Once I have read your review I immediately called on the team and tried to understand what may have happened, and correct some of the faults you mentioned.
The service may in fact, due a punctual situation, have taken longer than usual. That is not the kind of service we aim to achieve, but unfortunately it may have happened.
Our bread assortment is always baked on the same day, once before lunch and once before dinner. I can understand you didn’t found it to your tasting, but I can assure you it is not stale bread.
The tasting menu has received many positive reviews from our clients and we have absolute trust in our Chef’s capabilities of creating well balanced and tasting dishes. Once more it is only natural that some clients will not find it to their taste, which we believe was your case and for which we are sorry.
Once more we would like to express our sorrow about this situation, and hope you will get a different impression in a next time.

Best Regards,