“Feels a bit like home”

Lisbon Old Town Hostel
Ranked #2 of 498 Specialty Lodging in Lisbon
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Highlights:
- Free walking tour of old-town Lisbon by Vera who was knowledgeable and genuinely wanted us to be able to get to know different parts of Lisbon and beyond
- The staff remembers names, asked how my day was, and helped me out with tips on what to explore. One of the guys in particular hailed a taxi for me when I was in a rush to make it to the airport and found a way to get me cash even though I was out of it. They provided a home-like atmosphere that was quite welcome after a long day's hike, as they really do go out of their way to make you feel at home. Part of this is just a Portuguese thing.
- Beds are clean; lockers provided. I was in a 10-person room.
- I went during the festival of san antonio, and the hostel staff grilled sardines and made lots of delicious food and drinks for all the guests.
- Computer terminals and wifi

I really don't think I have any complaints as far as hostels go. It can be a bit of a walk, but it's really just 15-20min from the subway. Sometimes people are loud at night, but that is to be expected.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hostel has the best staff ever! It is really cozy, clean, has a good location and great prices. The rooms are very comfortable, bathrooms are great, nicely decorated common rooms and the kitchen is very well equipped. I can honestly say that this is the best hostel I've stayed in. I will definitely return!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The staff is excellent, helpful and makes you feel welcomed.
What stands out in this hostel are its colours and teh indoor decorations, they're awesome and make you feel as if you would stay at a friend's place.
Congratulations to the owner, the best hostel I've been at for so cheap prices.
My first choice when I come back to Lison, it is so worth it.

Only beds are a bit noisy when people move in sleep.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

It's clean. Staff is nice. I stayed there for a week with 3 friends. We booked separately, but got there together, and they let us stay in a room just for us.
They have common rooms where you can relax and chat with other guests.
The kitchen is well equiped, and for me it's a really good location.
I lived in Lisbon for a semester after that and liked the location so mmuch that I rented a place just two blocks from Lisbon Old Town.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank nandabordoni
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was there once...and then I came second time, cause it was so good. The place is really nice, staff is relaxed, open and helpful. You can feel so easy and chill there so it is a great place to stay during travelling. Couldn't be better :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank GosiaMalgosia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Couldn't have felt more welcomed as a solo traveller. Clean, lovely breakfast and friendly and helpful staff. Bit noisy one night with a large group next door but I was still on English time so should have been partying too :).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The dorm rooms are big and the beds are big, so things aren't cramped. Good value for money. Good location. Clean! The inclusive breakfast is good! The free walking tour is nice, thanks Vera! Great atmosphere, very friendly and helpful staff! Not too hard to find either. I would definitely stay here again! One of the better hostels I have experienced.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends