“The buffet restaurant closeby is much better”
Review of Cozinha de Fatima

Cozinha de Fatima
Ranked #99 of 115 Restaurants in Fatima
Cuisines: Portuguese
Description: The restaurant "Cozinha de Fátima" is located near the Sanctuary of Fatima. Serves lunch and dinner with waiter service. In commemorative dates we serve breakfast. Accepts reservations. Suitable for groups. Good for kids. It has Takeaway service. Calm atmosphere with decoration allusive to Fatima history.
Tampa, Florida
“The buffet restaurant closeby is much better”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The young guy (waiter) outside the restaurant luring customers in was "half" able to entice me to try the place because he can partly understand and speak English. A tourist couple passing by recommended it (they must have just ate there) and another tourist couple who came out of the restaurant recommended it, too. So, OK, why not? The waitresses inside don't speak and understand English, at all!! There's 2 of them and they both seem irritable! One of them called the waiter outside to help me place my order. First, the lady brought bread and (brie) cheese, then shortly after, my meal. I requested for tap water but then hesitated to drink it. One good thing is they offer FREE WIFI, but I had to ask for the password. I thought the food was good NOT UNTIL I TRIED THE BUFFET RESTO nearby which was a lot better!! So, I would rate the food here as Fair. To my surprise, when I got the check, I was charged for the bread and cheese!! Wwwhat??!!! They served it to me so I thought it was complimentary (which is usual here in US). Had I not eaten the bread and cheese, would they serve it to someone else -or- just trash it??!!! My total bill came up to around €10.

With the buffet place -- Churrasqueira Lebre (Fátima) -- my bill was only around €7 for a combo meal and it included coke in can...and the food here is fantastic!!! Eat at Lebre instead!

• Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Sutton, Massachusetts
“Cozinha de Fatima - Do Not Eat Here”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

When you go to Portugal everything on the table at the reaturants are a la carte, i.e. butter pats, bread, olives anything & everything has a separate charge.The Cozinha de Fatima the food was OK, the service POOR. My wife & I ordered the grilled chicken & grilled pork with french fries, e 7.50 & e 6.50 with 2 cokes e 4.40 together. The charge for the a la carte was e 9.45. Total bill e 27.85. We should have been informed that the extras were separate from the meal & would be charged accordingly. I gave the server e 40.00, my change should have been e 13.15, what I received was e 12.15 and was informed that's all the change Cozinha de Fatima had. Not wanting to cause a incident my wife suggested we leave & write this reveiw when we get back home, so that's what I'm doing fore warning future travelers about the Cozinha de Fatima, Rue Jacinta Marto. One More Thing, if you chose to eat at this place, BRING YOUR TOILET PAPER!! THERES NONE IN THE REST ROOMS !! What do the employees DO !!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Howard W
Brisbane, Australia
“Low priced lunch plate - good meal - local decor”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I was looking for "O Terminal" restaurant recommended by Let'sGo. That travel website says: O Terminal "offers the biggest portions of traditional Portuguese food for the best prices in town. Entrees €5-9". Business addresses are not posted on most buildings along Rua Jacinta Marto. Having no luck in my search for #24, I asked at the wax museum - Museu de Cera de Fátima. Only 1 person had heard of O Terminal and said it was no longer in business but directed me to its location saying the new eatery was also good. I found that it almost met the Let's Go description.

Walking from the Basilica, it is just a few doors past the wax museum entrance on the same side of the street, on the same block. The restaurant is about 7-8 steps up from the sidewalk. They advertised a 5-Euro lunch plate outside. On that particular day, it was a small roasted chicken with vegetables and bread. It was a quite adequate portion but not too much. The waiter never did bring my drink order, so my meal was only the 5 Euro. He realized his error when he attempted to charge me for the drink. That’s okay; it saved me money. The desserts looked yummy. The décor could be described as quaint Portuguese modern. It was clean and bright. It’s a little bigger than a Subway sandwich shop which could get very full at peak times. But at 2 pm, there were plenty of available tables and a few locals dining.

There is a small convenience store just a little further down the block. A good place to pick up drinks and snacks if needed.

• Visited October 2011