All reviews ham scrambled eggs small coffee good size per day largest casino train station and beach bad points top floor comfortable beds room safe highly recommend this hotel mini bar olga cheese balcony lisbon
Reviewed March 23, 2017

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
Reviewed March 15, 2017

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and our experience was alright. The beds seemed clean and were comfortable, however on our first night we found soiled towels in the bathroom! These were replaced the next day following house keeping but the memory still haunts me. Ew. On the plus side, breakfast was pretty nice, if lacking a little in variety (just eggs/sausages/toast...).

HOWEVER the thing I was most unhappy about was the lack of kettle in our room. I am a tea addict and after a trip to amsterdam where no tea bags where provided by the hotel, I went equipped with tea bags and milk this time...only to find THERE WAS NO KETTLE. I ended up going to the restaurant next door/downstairs every night to get some cups of boiling water for my tea. I was not going without tea this time. The cleaning lady did end up throwing away my box of tea bags on day 3 of our trip, which was crap, but I managed to get some from the hotel's own stash. Which brings me onto my next positive, the hotel staff were wonderful (apart from the lady who binned my tea bags...). They were all very friendly and helpful. In fact, everyone in Lisbon was friendly and helpful, they must see a lot of tourists because the number of times I asked for directions is laughable.

Back to the hotel, though the facilities were lacking, I would overall recommend for the friendly staff and the good location. It's a short walk from Estoril station, and from there you can get direct trains to both Lisbon and Cascais (depending on if you want a day in the city or a day on the beach).

Enjoy your trip :)

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2017

Good hotel for someone who wants to play in the casino which you just need to cross the road
Breakfast very basic and limited
Rooms and amenities according with what I paid for
Basically a place to avoid

Room tip: Casino view rooms
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2017

A very nice and comfortable hotel at a most reasonable price. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located in a very nice neighbourhood, next to Casino Estoril, and close to the beach and suburban railway of Lisbon.

A computer with a printer is available for use by guests. Unfortunately it is slow and comes to a halt if one clicks a link. Fortunately there is WiFi in every room, so if one comes with one's laptop or tablet (and who leaves home without one nowadays) then this is not a problem.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank GeorgeN1744
Reviewed October 14, 2016

The room is large and comfortable. Beds are ok and soundproofing good. However, they should do some modernisation in the bathroom. Buffet breakfast is nice with various items. The location is excellent right opposite of the casino and within a short walk both to the train station and beach. Good wi-fi too. I could easily spend a week in this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2016