“Wonderful for sunset drinks”
Review of Opiparo

Opiparo
Ranked #28 of 112 Restaurants in Estoril
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Actually went here for sunset drinks..right on the edge of the beach,views are magnificent,lively but not rowdy.Sit and watch all the activity on the Esplanade,get there before 7pm to get the tables with the best views.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

After religiously writing reviews during our week Portugal, we went to Opiparo on the last night and I've only gotten round to writing this a month later. I felt obliged to write something though as it was easily the best (out of predominantly disappointing) meals we had in Portugal. I don't recall the price, but I think it was about €30 per person, which was cheaper than the other comparatively over-rated restaurants along the seafront. Both our meals were superb with the duck main and chocolate tart being the highlights. Only the panacotta was a little disappointing, though we were probably comparing it to the amazing panacotta we'd had a few days before at Aromi in Cascais.

Definitely worth a visit if you're in the area. It was the best meal we had all week and one of the cheapest (Aromi, which was slightly dearer, coming second).

1  Thank PapaJulietRomeo
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Maybe our expectations were too high, but we were disappointed with the Opiparo. The location is very good and the food was good without being exceptional. The staff were good at there jobs and always attentive and helpful. It was no problom to move to an inside table halfway through the meal.
All told we found Opiparo only average and on a par with many other restaurants in the area. However the strong and unpleasent smell in the gents toilet was a big turn off.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The food is divine - I strongly recommend the grilled steak. It was exactly how I like it and was served in an appealing manner. My husband also liked his - he tried the cod fish. For desserts we had the brownie and ice cream, which was a little too heavy and sweet, but still highly recommended.
The service was fast, helpful and professional.
We went at sunset so the view was phenomenal and because we were the only ones there at that time (it only started getting busy after about 8.30pm) it was fantastically cosy and romantic.
It is a tad pricey but definitely worth it!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We found Opiparo on our 2nd day in Sao Joao and I'm so glad we did. We had a couple of full meals there as a party of 8 with 4 small children and the service was excellent. Having a particularly fussy little boy who only wanted bacon the waiter was so helpful and bought him out just that even though it wasn't on the menu. I had the tuna with vegetables and have to say it was one of the best meals of the trip! The restaurant managed to create a really relaxed atmosphere in a great location overlooking the ocean, I would recommend!