- unlike many hotels I've been to there was almost no problem with the internet. Actually we raided the place with almost 100 participants of an information science related event and all were using their laptops simultaneously. The internet took it quite well.
- rooms are spacious, comfortable and in top shape.
- hotel is conveniently located. The atlantic ocean, the casino, the metro station, two shops, several bars and a gas station are all in the direct neighborhood.
- There are empty minibar fridges in each hotel room and you can stock it yourself. Very convenient. Always a nice fresh
- the buffet food was getting a bit monotonous after a while and the waiters were not very generous with re-filling my wine glass! Come on boy, just put the damn bottle on the table. Less work for you, and everyone is happy.
- what's with those oversized tablecloths? This made me trip and I spilt a full glass of red wine over a very nice lady. It was not that funny (for her).
- The pool was closed during most of my stay there, because it was painted "red". Red? Wait a moment, why would you paint it red? Are you planning to feed your guests to piranhas? ;)
But frankly I anyway don't understand the people wanting a pool, when there is the Atlantic right next.
- the hotel doesn't really have a garden / open air common area (okay, except the crimson pool area which is kind of small)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is located in Estoril over the beautiful sandy Tamariz beach and only 200 meters away from the Casino and Estoril Congress Center. In the proximity you'll find numerous shopping facilities and entertainment venues. Connect to the public transport network may be found within 100 m of the hotel. Cascais is situated 5 km away and the airport nearest airport is 25 km from the hotel. The hotel has a total of 126 rooms spread over 8 floors, among them 50 room with ocean view. The hotel services include wheelchair access ways, lifts, 24 hour reception service, hotel safe and free internet wi-fi in the public areas. Among the public areas you can find two restaurants, a bar and a game room. This hotel has multipurpose rooms fit for any types of events and meetings with access to multimedia devices and wireless internet connection. For additional fees, guests may take advantage of laundry services as well as garage parking. The tastefully furnished rooms are well equipped with air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, safe, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. In the outdoor complex, guests will find a swimming pool and a sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols laid out ready for use. It is also possible to make use of the Health Club composed of a gym, Jacuzzi and steam room (for an additional fee) and a Spa where you can count with massages and beauty treatments also for an additional cost. The nearest golf course can be found approximately 3 km away. The restaurant offers buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner although lunch and dinner may be selected a la carte or from a set menu. Furthermore, it is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vila Gale Estoril reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Vila Gale