other traveler has booked this property
Balcony Balcony
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Master bedroom
Facade
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Poor - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

nikkihs
ohio
“Worst communication experience and she still owes me the security deposit”
Reviewed August 3, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We have been renting vacation places around the world for over 20 years and this is the first time that I had difficulties. I originally booked via Home Away and paid the booking deposit. But when I went to confirm the details and pay the balance, the place was no longer listed at Home Away and they could not help. When I finally got in touch (long story) with the owner/manager Francesca/Maria it was too late to find another place that would hold three couples. She assured me that everything was fine, except she wanted the rest of the rent paid via bank transfer. Not easy in the US!!! She graciously paid the $55 fee.

Meeting her at the "chalet" was another nightmare. I got the address off of Google maps since she never specifically said where to meet her. So all six of us waited in the heat in front of the chalet facing the water. One of us did walk around to the back but there was no one there. After over an hour of waiting, we walked around the back again and she was there. Apparently since we were not in back at the appointed time, she left (without checking the front of the building). Luckily she returned. Calls to her number did not go through since we were calling the wrong number that she gave me.

Hot, cranky and mad, I must say we were delighted with the apartment. Truly beautiful, well located, nicely appointed--although up three flights of stairs that had no lighting (we used our cell phones)...

Anyway, she told us to leave the keys inside when we left and that was the last we heard from her. I have written asking for the 300 euros security deposit but have not gotten a reply.

So, nice place, but difficult owner/manager. Be warned. There are lots of other nice places to rent in the area without the hassle.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.

Travelers are raving about these Cascais hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing