“Nice restaurant with beautiful food and view”

Os Prazeres da Carne
Reserve with
Os Prazeres da Carne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 543 Restaurants in Cascais
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Nice restaurant with beautiful food and view”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went here with a very big party and they immediately found place for us on the outside terrace with a stunning view of the sea. The service was very good and they were very friendly. The food was delicious with a lot of choices on the menu. We had a great time and went back twice after. It was not cheap but great quality for price.

• Visited July 2013

Cascais
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Familydinner”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was so upset about the service at Os Prazeres da Carne!, When the family and I were there on Wednesday night. It's not often I feel completely invisible .....
We had reserved a table for 19:30 and had imagined a nice family dinner together, children and grandchildren.
At 20 had no menu came to our table and it was quite impossible to make contact with the staff. At 21 had no food arrived ..... grandchildren, who are 6 and 8 years, was falling asleep over the table and could not eat anything.
When the food finally came out every right thing, no coordination. All dishes from the starter remained on the table. I got to say that they would take out the dishes ...!
The service was really lousy and they did nothing to compensate us!
If you are going to Cascais - do not go there!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank amlCascais
Lisbon, Portugal
“Pleasures of the flesh...”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Who couldn't try a restaurant with a name like that? The location is truly beautiful right on the cliffs, late summer evening. Sublime. Friendly, funny and professional service. Generous portions and nicely cooked and presented food. Salmon, duck, risotto, steak, lamb, vegetarian... many choices. Not cheap, but not expensive for the locale and ambiance. Next visit I will try a steak, having had the salmon I know the chef knows how to cook! We were all 4 happy with this restaurant.

Lisbon, Portugal
“Hard to be worst”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had dinner at the restaurant on the 20th June. Some of the columns supporting the roof on the seaside have exposed electrical wires, probably waiting for the owner to be able to afford the light fittings. The service is appalling with the waiters ignoring customer requests (I had to fetch the mustard myself) and preferring to chat up the most attractive female clients. The food was awful and we had to wait 50 minutes for 3 steaks. Half of my wife's steak was fat and nerve... Upon my several complaints, the owner came to our table grudgingly apologising and blaming...the kitchen. What? In a restaurant? Who else is to blame? There are great restaurants in Cascais and unfortunately yesterday we chose the worst there is. Do not be fooled by the location and the sea view. Choose elsewhere!

2 Thank Lambda75
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great find”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great menu. I had breast of duck with mushroom risotto and my husband had the mixed barbecue which came with black beans and cassava root. Staff were great and we went the following evening for Argentinian steaks which were equally as good.