We just picked the hotel on spec, as we were driving past, and had a most amazing experience. The staff were so efficient and informative, the checkin experience a delight rather than a drag. The bar area is so relaxing after a long day, looking out over the huge pool and beyond to the sea.
For some reason we were upgraded to a suite, which was huge, many rooms with lots of lights, space and different aspects to look out on.
We went to the restaurant quite late (they open till 10:30) and the food and wines were excellent, with the helpings for mains a little on the small side, which suited us. The quality and choice were excellent.
The king sized bed was super comfortable and the room was very quiet.
Wonderful stay, so glad we spoiled ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grande Real Villa Italia is a result of the adaptation of the old houses where King Umberto II of Italy lived while exiled in Portugal from the 1950's to the 1980's.Located in the cosmopolitan city of Cascais, Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa represents excellence in design, sophistication and comfort.With the Atlantic Ocean as the predominant scenery, you can look towards the north and see the beautiful hills and castles of Sintra, while Lisbon is only a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel And Spa
- Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel Cascais
- Grande Real Hotel Italia