Just back from a 4 day stay at this hotel. Very happy with everything. Lovely spacious room (we had one of the regular/basic rooms and it was great ), side view over the pool and out to sea, wide comfortable bed, nice classic decor, blue and white with high ceilings and dark wood , big bathroom area, everything spotless.
Staff at the hotel were young, friendly, and professional and the service is what makes this hotel feel special. Everyone was ready with a smile, spoke very good English, and really made an effort to be of service. Catia in particular was a great help with information on visiting local attractions , and general information, she is a great asset to the hotel! The hotel is in a good location just outside of Cascais, walk out onto the sea-front, turn left and walk for 10 mins and you are in the centre of the town. We walked into Cascais every evening, no problem, and 5 euro for a taxi back when we had a few drinks! If you leave the hotel and turn right right you are on a designated "track" that takes you for a few kms up the coast, loads of people out walking, jogging, running , cycling, rollerblading, all with great views of the sea as you take the air. I thought that it was a great plus to be so close to it. We got out for a refreshing walk before breakfast every day. Speaking of breakfast, great selection in the restaurant, lots of fresh fruit, hot and cold meats, cheese, fish, cereals, and a fab selection of fresh buns/danish pastries/croissants to tempt you! I thought the staff in the dining room could have been a bit sharper, sometimes hard to get their attention, but when you did they were very helpful.
Outdoor pool was not heated in March :-(, but salt-water Thallasso pool in the spa area available for a charge, I didnt use it. I did use the spa for a massage and a facial, very relaxing! We dined in the bar area on one night, food was tasty and service was very attentive,
Free internet everywhere in the hotel is nice bonus. Parking is easy, free outside if you want it, valet parking available at the hotel, and the underground hotel car-park , 7 euro a day.
To summarise, great 5 star hotel, will definitely go back, and would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grande Real Villa Italia is a result of the adaptation of the old houses where King Umberto II of Italy lived while exiled in Portugal from the 1950's to the 1980's.Located in the cosmopolitan city of Cascais, Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa represents excellence in design, sophistication and comfort.With the Atlantic Ocean as the predominant scenery, you can look towards the north and see the beautiful hills and castles of Sintra, while Lisbon is only a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel Cascais
- Grande Real Villa Italia Hotel And Spa
- Grande Real Hotel Italia