“5 Star in every sense”

Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Cascais
Cheshire
“5 Star in every sense”
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We booked this hotel with Voyage Prive and got a real bargain. A 5 minute walk from the centre of Cascais and a quality place in every sense. The room was spacious and light with an excellent power shower and bath. Nice pool area with a large sea water pool and very good dinig at lunch tme.
Drinks are not cheap but the service and the ambiance was as good as it gets. Highly commended

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Geneva
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Stayed here for a very short weekend before we had to move to another hotel- loved the location, spa was fantastic.
we had very slow service on the terrace bar where we were having lunch while waiting for our rooms to be ready, but in the end was worth it because the food was delicious.
We were upgraded to sea view rooms- very spacious, clean , great bathrooms & amenities.

I would highly recommend and want to go back for a longer stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 6, 2011

The hotel location, building and the rooms are all very nice. But you also select this kind of hotel because of the quality of the services and we did not think the level of service was upto standard. E.g. we received clean towels for only one person and had to ask several times before we received an additional one; the reception gave us wrong directions to a restaurant; one time service for drinks at the pool side; poor availability of the spa treatments (full agenda); during check-out our invoice was not correct/ during the second attempt, the amount on our cc payment was too high and no excuses were made to us; while helping us getting our suitcase in the back of the car, the doorman was rather careless and bumped it into the car.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank VakantieNL
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Excellent hotel Bedrooms and service, some very personal touches for the family over the Easter Holiday, and a Birthday, looking forward to a return visit in the Summer months.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I stayed one night in this hotel as part of a course I took.
Sadly I could only arrive at around midnight but I got a warming welcome and quickly I was in my room.
The room was very big with lots of space and closets. Big window facing the beautifull pool side with a very generous balcony although the chairs there weren't very confortable.
The bathroom was also very roomy with private cabinets for shower and toilet. Although there was a robe, there were no slippers.
The carpet that covers the room floor needs repair from the many stains it has.
The tv had a good variety of channels and it was large enough to be well viewed from the bed.
The big downside of the room was a distinct smell of tobacco, although the room was in the non-smoking area. The smell was stronger inside the bathroom.
As I left the hotel to have a drink in a nearby bar, I informed the receptionist, and when I came back there was no more smell whatsoever.
The bed were very confortable. So much that I slept over and missed the breakfast hours.
Although during the morning I was woken by someone trying to open my room door, but didn't give much attention to it since I had locked the door from the inside.
However, not long before I left, I recieved a phone call sating that someone needed to come to my room to check something in the balcony. It was agreed that I would leave first and then it would be taken care off, but not 5 minutes passed I got a knock at the door by a maintenance employee. After a quick talk I understood that who wasn't able to open my door during the morning, reported a door malfuntion to the maintenance department.
All in all it was a good experience as the good parts greatly surpass the bad ones.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Wonderful hotel, wonderful staff. We occupied a ground floor room overlooking the pool area and it was simply wonderful so I guess the seaview rooms must be really something. Small details made such a difference. We were welcomed on arrival at the door, there was always somebody to assist - whether with opening sun umbrella's or advice on where to go. The breakfast was absolutely superb. A short walk to Cascais with a choice of good taverna's nearby. And as for the spa - simply excellent and highly professional. Could not recommend it highly enough! I have a back injury and after two days of expertise massage, I could walk again without pain - something many physiotherapists have failed to succeed in doing over 8 years !n fact I am struggling to think of anything unpleasant about the stay at Villa Italia. It was so good we extended our stay! And I will be back!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ritamfox
Reviewed April 16, 2011

We booked this hotel via the info centre in cascais on the day of check in and were pleasantly surprised to get a room for eur 140 incl breakfast at such short notice. We got a slightly 'worn' room, the carpet and woodwork need some repair, but otherwise the facilities are great value for money. The terrace above the pool is a great spot for drinks and snacks before heading out for dinner - we recommend Hemingway restaurant upstairs at the marina. Back to the hotel, the beds are huge, the rooms big, bathroom is more than your average 5 star and being portugal the drinks and food prices are not as astronomical as at international counterparts. The staff are outstanding too and make an extra effort to help whenever they can.

• Stayed April 2011