“Fantastic”

Hotel Cascais Miragem
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Cascais
Reviewed September 9, 2009

We'd read many reviews on this site prior to booking this hotel and had our reservations, primarily about the hotel's location and atmosphere. Glad to say that our concerns were unfounded. The hotel is only a short walk (5-10mins) from both Cascais and Estoril and though it is on the main road, the hotel is built above the road so it is only seen from the hotel lobby and not seen (or heard) from the rest of the hotel. The atmosphere of the hotel was great also. We'd read that the hotel was more of a business hotel and as such had a tendency to be vacant and quiet. This was the not the case at all. The hotel had a very vibrant feel to it, and a great mix of couples and families. HIghly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,251)

Reviewed September 8, 2009

It was my third time staying at Cascais Miragem and it's impossible to be disappointed! The hotel structure is magnificent, service outstanding, it was again an overall very good experience with only minor flaws.
First of all location: it is located very close to the city center, at about 10 minutes on foot from the shopping mall and the beginning of the pedestrian area, overlooking the sea and the beach. Unfortunately the railway and the very trafficated provincial road pass right in front of it spoiling itslocation a lot and making it a little bit akward to walk and cross the street to reach the center. During my stay there were construction works in the building beside Hotel Mirage so this added up a little bit to the general mess in the sorroundings at the time but this must be temporary.
As I said front desk staff is marvelous, kind and efficient. I was given my key after showing my passport as I was already pre-registered due to a previous stay. I was also offered two welcome drinks for me and my partner.
Room was spacious with a view over Cascais Marina and the swimming pool. Outstanding bathroom, and very nice balcony carpeted in green resembling fake grass.
The pool is also very beautiful and breakfast area and the bar sit just beside it.
A very complete and tasty breakfast completes your stay. There's a car park and for those in need of pampering a SPA is also available.
The only other minor flaw is the lack of wireless internet connection in the rooms. Upon check-in you will be offered (if you ask) a cable to run the internet on your pc but this is pretty short forcing you to use your computer at the desk. I really hope they can upgrade this service shortly.
Parking is for a fee (12 € per day during my stay).

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Stayed in this hotel last year and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Set into the hilside with spectacular views over the Atlantic, whatever you do make sure you get a sea view room because the view is breathtaking.

Amazing breakfast in beautiful setting, excellent sized rooms with very good bathrooms the whole hotel was well laid out and had the right feel for a 5 Star.

The pool was unheated and so it was a bit of a shock at first but once in was fine. For us, the aded bonus was the free use of Holmes Place beneath the hotel. We did a morning spin class before breakfast to start the day and ease the guilt.

Cascais is a beautiful and chic part of Portugal with fine restaurants serving local specialities. The old town/port area was a joy and we had some memorable meals there. Try Pimento for a a gastronimic seafood extravaganza and look out for the local speciality of barnacles.

One last piece of advice to those bound for the part of portugal is to visit Sintra which was one of the most extraordinary places I have ever visited. Words would not do this justice so just go there.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2009

The room was very big and cosy with great ocean view,with a modern bathroom.The bed was huge and very comfortable.The swimming pool was great with view of beach and Cascais.The hotel welcome us with 2drinkings(free) at the pool,the staff was very kind and helpfull!Cascais centre was 10minutes on foot.During our stay we went at the restaurants O Poeta and Latitude 38,both of them had delicious food and excellent service.The breakfast at the hotel was perfect with a big variety.We stayed only for 2days(we continued our holidays in Lisbon) but i promise that we will return(maybe the next summer,who knows?) ......it was the best hotel i have ever stayed!

Reviewed August 20, 2009

The hotel is great! Excellent service, delicious food, cosy and clean rooms, friendly and easy-going stuff!
It was our first experience to spend a vacation in Portugal and we were just surprised about the country and people.
The reception stuff is very kind to everybody and ready to help anytime.
Amazing ocean view from the room!
We travel a lot and we can honestly say that it was the best breakfast we've ever had. So much variety of food and really fresh fruits! Just perfect!

Reviewed August 12, 2009

Absoloutly gorgeous place! Entrance is beautiful, room is very cosy and an excellent open top balcony with lots of space to sunbathe if you don't fancy going down to the pool! Views from the room were beautiful. The pool area is great, and looks out onto the beach. We had no issues with this hotel at all except the buffet is hugely overpriced (£30 per person) for food which is very bland!

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. As we were part of a wedding party, an outside caterer sorted our breakfast, lunch and dinner, (except the one day we tried the buffet) so we can't give any reviews on where to go out to eat! There are many places to eat surrounding the hotel though, so food wouldn't be a problem for you.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IMINAT
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I have arrived to the hotel after a taxi driver from the airport had ripped me off by charging me double... 92 Euro rather than 45 Euro. I was dropped at the other end of the hotel, and did not know it was the wrong side, as it looked like a very big formal entrance. When I walked around, until I got to the actual entrance, I was greeted with a bell boy named Rafael, who assisted me with such kindness I cannot forget. He explained about the different methods the taxi drivers can con you, and advised to take a receipt next time or not pay, take the suitcase and ask someone from the hotel to help out. Rafael took care of anything I needed, he was very helpful and recommended good place to dine and nightlife.
The staff was helpful both in room assistance and in travel recommendations, day or night.
The staff recommended a great, walking distance, restaurant called Visconde de Luz that had a great service (ask for Marco Paulo) and great food! All in all I would highly recommend this hotel.
The hotel is located minutes walk from the train to Lisbon, making it very easy to go out at night to Lisbon and come back with the Train and Metro.
Have fun. Morit