“Hidden gem!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Hidden gem!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My friend and I stumbled upon this place and im so glad because it was perfect. Not too expensive, authentic Portuguese food. Really authentic too, like what your mom cooks. Service was great and super friendly and the chef even came out to ask us about our meal.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank anniemz

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent authentic food, lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Fantastic small restaurant away from the main tourist area. Friendly staff and chef who offer a great service. Small menu but plenty of choice and good value for money. I would certainly recommend making a visit.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Mark T
Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing food, amazing service, gorgeous location.”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I cannot recommend this place enough!! We were in Estoril for a week and spent about 5 evenings in Cascais. We spent two evenings in 28 and two was definitely not enough! I can't say enough good things about the place. Out of 2 three course meals, everything was delicious and the service could not have been better. The location is adorable and we sat outside under the gorgeous flowers both evenings. I'd recommend the bruschetta, potato skins, Portugese sausage... Actually I'd recommend everything. Genuine Portugese food in a really welcoming place, and fantastic staff. Not to mention amazing value. If I could give 6 out of 5, I would. I will DEFINITELY be back.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Eeefee
Billericay, United Kingdom
“If you walk by without going up the steps....you've missed a treat”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Very small, only about 20 covers inside plus a few tables outside - don't be put off...it's charming. Paula's style of cooking is refreshingly different from many touristy restaurants in town. Menu is small but sufficiently varied. We shared fantastic potato skins with mayo dip....mmm I'm having my own plate next time! Followed by prawns wrapped in monkfish with lovely vegetables and creme caramel & apple pie. She offers a small selection of wines by the bottle but the house white (med carafe) was good. Young entrepreneurs like Paula need more praise and customers every day otherwise Cascais will loose a gem.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Patsyann26
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Lovely authentic restaurant”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Ate dinner here one night and were impressed by the menu and the service. I started with deep fried potato peelings which we delicious and followed with stuffed Portuguese chicken which was excellent. We had apple pie for dessert, which was good. The restaurant is very small but immaculately clean and it was really good value for money.

Visited July 2013