“Best value for money”
Review of Sushissimo

Sushissimo
Reserve with
Sushissimo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 534 Restaurants in Cascais
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located in the historic center of Cascais (near the Visconde da Luz Park), 5 minutes from the beach, Sushíssimo offers the best of Japanese and vegetarian cuisine, from traditional to fusion. The chef has 20 years of experience, but continually seeks to innovate and introduce new ingredients. Always a friendly and attentive service is the restaurant's brand image. Sushíssimo is open every day from 12:00 to 00:00, and it features a living room and an exclusive terrace for 60 people. It also offers takeaway and delivery services throughout the day. And it also provides catering services for events.
Lisbon, Portugal
“Best value for money”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Couldnt fault it! Briiliant and highly recommended. And also very well priced, especially as a lunch menu. Definitely going to become a regular.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank DuarteSaldanh

Liverpool - UK
“Great”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We found this restaurant to be excellent, we are not experienced Sushi eaters, but the waitress was very helpful in explaining the menu. Would definitely return and recommend.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank standstill02
Milan, Italy
“Good!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We love sushi and in Cascais we suggest Sushissimo! It's good! We usually have take away service as we have a little child, and the restaurant in on street view. We loved Gunkan, Nighiri, Salmon tartare.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank alebrun
“Absolutly delicious”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I've been to many sushi restaurant across the globe. And this one is probably the best outside japan. Creativity for menu Chefe is just brilliant. The chef is a genius

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Monsieurpap
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
“Best Sushi EVER”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had a sudden craving for Sushi, but I was tired of all the cheap all you can eats I kept going to, and decided I was willing to pay a hefty price for any Sushi that could and would genuinely satisfy my taste buds. So I called up a friend and we went hunting for the best Sushi restaurant we could find.

It was then that we stumbled upon Sushissimo, and I was immediately ensnared by its very modern yet cozy feeling patio and inside dining areas. I quickly got my hands on the menu, and was extremely happy with what I saw, they had a large selection of foods to pick from and prices were more than affordable. At the end of the day though my attention was grabbed with the one thing I had come for, the Sushi.

As we walked in to the restaurant we were immediately greeted by a smiling face and were allocated a table of our choice before you could even say "Sushissimo". Once the menu's were brought to us we immediately started to debate on whether we wanted the 22 unit platter of Sushi, or the 44 unit platter of Sushi, we ended up opting for the 22 unit platter. Although we had come for the Sushi we were also interested in a starter, but had no idea what to pick. So we asked the waitress for her opinion, after asking us a few quick questions, she recommended we have the Salmon Tartar, and we happily agreed to give it a go.

As we were waiting for our food, they surprised us by brining in a very nice mini starter of sliced chilled carrots, to dip in what I assumed to be a mayo + hummus combinantion. This mini starter that I shall now dub 'Carmayus' was not only extremelly satisfying, but it was the perfect thing to have before we started having our meal brought to us, since it was something you could more than happily much on, and not feel as if it were filling you up.

The Salmon Tartar arrived next (of course it would, its a starter!) and I was extremely pleased with the way it was presented, the Salmon Tartar was served on a white shell, that was placed upon a small rectangular plate (beautifully presented) with some wasabi and sliced radish (I assumed it was radish) on either side of it. Regardless of how it looked I was more interested in how it tasted, since I had come for the food. If I was to describe the Salmon Tartar in one word, I would use the word 'divine'.

Half way through our appreciative scavenging of the Salmon Tartar, the Sushi platter arrived. The Sushi was beautifully presented, 4 green, 4 pink, 4 salmon, 4 orange/rice, 4 strawberry, 3 bamboo/prawn. Now I have no idea what went into each of these Sushi pieces, what I do know is that whenever I ate one I felt I was being propelled into flavor/deliciousness heaven. Every-time I finished a piece of Sushi I felt genuinely happy, there was no part of me whatsoever that felt unsatisfied.

If you finish a meal and you feel at peace, happy and calm, you know that you have most definitely had good food. I cannot remember the last time food has ever sent me into such a euphoria of pleasant emotions. I can say with pride that this was most definitely the BEST Sushi I have EVER had the pleasure of eating.

All this plus drinks came to a whooping total of only €31.70. I'm not a frequent tipper, and whenever I do tip it's probably in the region of €0.20-€1.00 but I was so satisfied with Sushissimo that I gave them a much larger tip than normal, and no part of me regretted that decision, not even when I could of used that money for car gas.

Thank you Sushissimo for a wonderful food experience.
-Rodrigo