“Why Cant They All be like this”
Review of Apeadeiro

Apeadeiro
Ranked #40 of 579 Restaurants in Cascais
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Perhaps not the most eye catching or appealing façade on the planet but once you have the food in front of you, it doesn't matter in the least.

Hidden away from the main tourist centre of Cascais this place serves up amazing food at the right price, that's a proper meal including starters, desert and wine for much the same the flaccid tasteless cheese covered pizzas you will find in the main drag. Plus the selection of wine is of a quality usually not seen in all but the snazziest places.

Staff are very friendly and a whole experience is was a pleasure.
Should my travels take me back to neck of the woods ,, I will be dropping in for sure.

2  Thank gcadogan

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

In my opinion, this is the best restaurant in the area to eat grilled fish. From sardines to sea-bass, first quality ocean fish simply grilled and accompanied with vegetables.
Friendly staff, good prices. Very good.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This restaurant is away from the tourist traps of the water front of Cascais. The staff made us welcome even though we arrived late for lunch. One of the staff showed us the fresh fish and made recommendations. We had cuttle fish. My partner had it with 'paint' ink. Both kinds were delicious. The dishes were accompanied by potatoes and onions. You do not need anything else.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We really liked that it was away from the main bustle of old town Cascais, so parking was easy and free. We went on a Tuesday and it was at least half full of portugese locals (aoways a good sign). The house white was really good and we enjoyed all the fish and seafood dishes, particularly the baby squid and the grilled cuttlefish. I disliked the bacalau and octupus dish but my husband loved it. I think I'd forgotten how strong the taste of re-hydrated salt cod is. The only thing off-putting was that a football match was on throughout but this is not unusual in non-touristy places. Very good value at 46 euros for 3 main course size dishes + 1 litre wine. The baby potatoes in their skins were delicious but don't expect a lot of other veg / salad unless ordered separately. Closed Mondays.

2  Thank Susan J
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Real Portuguese restaurant. Not posh but really good food and value for money. Recommend the Iberian Black Pork.