“Eaten alive by the Beefeater!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Beefeater Sports Bar
Ranked #20 of 24 Nightlife in Cascais
Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Eaten alive by the Beefeater!!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Do not go here myself, my boyfriend and my child stopped here for a quiet drink on the last night of our holier. we noticed the menu was pretty dear and saw that rums were €6.50 so we asked the man at the bar was the rum spiced and he said how bout 'I give you this old rum its real nice' he then brought out a shot glass of stale popcorn for my child. we were then chatting to him and he seemed really nice WARNING do not be fooled he is a con man this is a tactic he uses to loosen up your purse strings even more. He kept asking my 6 year old 'can I get you more popcorn' and she happily finished off each bowl unknown-st to her parents that were being charged €1 for each measly portion of STALE popcorn. There was an old shabby dart board and my boyfriend started throwing a few darts so he ordered us 2 beers and out the man came with the tiniest lagers i have ever seen in my life!!!when handed the bill my boyfriend nearly dropped dead of a heart attack (note: he has a heart murmur). €31.60 for two rums a bottle of water and 2 miniature beers!bear in mind this is Portugal where pints of beer are 2.50 and a vodka is 4 euro. The rums came out at 8.50 a pop plus 2 euro for the coca cola which was flat and from a 2 litre bottle of lidl cola. the most scandalous part was that he charged us €1 for each pathetic bowl of gone-off popcorn he gave my child. we left this bar deflated and broke on the last night of what had been a great holiday.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Annier872013

dorset
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“dont even think about going here!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

we spotted the sports bar upstairs above a shop and thought that it might be cheap for a drink, as there is a distinct lack of bars in cascais. we ordered two vodka tonics and were charged 16 euros! it wasnt even a nice bar that you might expect to be charged a bit more, it was more like a back street bar. the only other customers were a group of golfers from uk playing pool.really shocked at being ripped off when you buy a bottle of vodka for 9 euros!

Visited September 2012
Cascais, Portugal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“New ownership ruined this bar”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I used to go to this bar all the time until it changed ownership, the new owner freely admits he has no interest in his customers and is only waiting out the time until he gets permission to turn the whole building into a hostel from the council. Dont expect English speaking staff anymore, the drinks are way overpriced and the atmosphere is dull. To give you an idea how bad this place has got, none of the locals go here anymore. I would suggest visiting anywhere else in Cascais than this or even staying in is a better option.

Visited January 2012
4 Thank Jane A
Belgium
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“great bar”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

fun bar with friendly personnel and a huge choice of drinks, open till 2AM but be sure to stay till the end, chances are big that you'll be offered a few shots on the house. ;)

Visited August 2012
Dublin, Ireland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Dublin Ireland”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great pub - food drinks etc and a pool table for the lads. Really enjoy this bar on every visit

Visited June 2012