The Fortaleza do Guincho is located on a cliff overlooking the Atlantic ocean. It is a beautiful hotel that looks like a medieval fortress, right down to the rooms. Our room had a private balcony that looked out to the ocean, the view was incredible! This was also the windiest place I have ever been to in my life! I didn’t go down to the beach because the wind was so strong but my husband did and the wind almost blew his sunglasses away. Still the hotel has an incredible location and view, however it is not within walking distance of Cascais. The staff is very friendly and attentive and we ate at the restaurant (which has one Michelin star) for dinner one night. The food was incredible and the service was very good as well. This dinner was one of the more memorable meals of our 3 week trip. The hotel is about a 20 minute drive from Lisbon as well so it is still possible to stay there when visiting Lisbon as we did. For a different hotel experience and an incredible ocean view, I would recommend the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leaning over the Atlantic Ocean, the Fortaleza do Guincho welcomes a charming five star boutique hotel - integrated into in the prestigious Relais & Chateaux association - with a range of services that focus on the well being and peacefulness of the customers. The Hotel's restaurant, awarded with a Michelin Star, offers an unforgettable dining experience of Portuguese cuisine, made from the finest national products. The Hotel Fortaleza do Guincho has a warm and personalized service, making it the ideal place for a family holiday, board meetings or the perfect refuge for a romantic getaway. It has the perfect conditions for company meetings, special parties and events or banquets. Located just seven kilometers from the town of Cascais and 30 kilometers from Lisbon and the International Airport, the cultural and leisure offer in the region is rich and full of varieties. Along the cost line you will find Sintra and its magnificent monuments and natural landscape, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. For sea lovers abound beaches along the coast and all kinds of water sports and outdoor activities . The Hotel is surrounded by the best golf courses, while the Estoril Casino, the largest in Europe, is just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fortaleza do Guincho reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fortaleza Do Guincho Cascais
- Fortaleza Do Guincho Hotel Cascais