We were almost at the end of our cultural adventure on the Iberian Penninsula when we visited Cascais and the superb Fortaleza do Guincho Hotel. What a stunning place - if you were any nearer the Atlantic you would be wet!
We arrived early in the morning from the iconic town of Sintra having experienced cultural overload with all our visits around those wonderful palaces and castles. The sun was shining and the Atlantic was a sight to be seen - a wonderful start to a day - and it just got better as we took early entry to our junior suite and started our love affair with the hotel. The room was beautiful with a balcony and its spectacular backdrop. The bathroom was less generously proportioned, however, and the jacuzzi bath designed for someone smaller than my almost 2 metre frame. No bother the shower more than satisfied my washing requirements.
The public rooms are beautifully appointed and comfortable.
The staff are brilliant,too
The weather then took a change for the worst just before dinner with a thunder storm to change the seascape somewhat - a stunning aperitif to a wonderful dinner.
Breakfast too was a delight as we watched the ever changing view from the restaurant.
This is a very special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leaning over the Atlantic Ocean, the Fortaleza do Guincho welcomes a charming five star boutique hotel - integrated into in the prestigious Relais & Chateaux association - with a range of services that focus on the well being and peacefulness of the customers. The Hotel's restaurant, awarded with a Michelin Star, offers an unforgettable dining experience of Portuguese cuisine, made from the finest national products. The Hotel Fortaleza do Guincho has a warm and personalized service, making it the ideal place for a family holiday, board meetings or the perfect refuge for a romantic getaway. It has the perfect conditions for company meetings, special parties and events or banquets. Located just seven kilometers from the town of Cascais and 30 kilometers from Lisbon and the International Airport, the cultural and leisure offer in the region is rich and full of varieties. Along the cost line you will find Sintra and its magnificent monuments and natural landscape, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. For sea lovers abound beaches along the coast and all kinds of water sports and outdoor activities . The Hotel is surrounded by the best golf courses, while the Estoril Casino, the largest in Europe, is just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fortaleza do Guincho reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fortaleza Do Guincho Cascais
- Fortaleza Do Guincho Hotel Cascais