I choosed the Romance Package for €300 that includes 1 night and a dinner* in the one star Michelin restaurant of the Hotel with beverage included, plus on arrival french Champagne, fruit and chocolats at the room.
When we arrived the employee Vitor took us to the upgraded superior room 224 (no extra charge) and the room itself, as well the view, balcony and bathroom impressed us not because of the area but the refined decoration and romantic touch.
location (between two beaches)
Bathroom (with jakuzi)
Late check out (3 pm)
A/C broken (they knew and didn't told us...)
small TV set
room area (to small for a superior)
It could be almost perfect. What a TA member said about dirty windows and floors isn't true. Can't expect more from a hotel near the Atlantic Ocean surrounded by windy sand beaches!
But a 5* hotel can't afford to rent rooms with broken air conditioning.
* see another review just about the dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leaning over the Atlantic Ocean, the Fortaleza do Guincho welcomes a charming five star boutique hotel - integrated into in the prestigious Relais & Chateaux association - with a range of services that focus on the well being and peacefulness of the customers. The Hotel's restaurant, awarded with a Michelin Star, offers an unforgettable dining experience of Portuguese cuisine, made from the finest national products. The Hotel Fortaleza do Guincho has a warm and personalized service, making it the ideal place for a family holiday, board meetings or the perfect refuge for a romantic getaway. It has the perfect conditions for company meetings, special parties and events or banquets. Located just seven kilometers from the town of Cascais and 30 kilometers from Lisbon and the International Airport, the cultural and leisure offer in the region is rich and full of varieties and many points of interest. Along the cost line you will find Sintra and its magnificent monuments and natural landscape, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. For sea lovers abound beaches along the coast and all kinds of water sports and outdoor activities . The Hotel is surrounded by the best golf courses, while the Estoril Casino, the largest in Europe, is just a few minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fortaleza do Guincho reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fortaleza Do Guincho Cascais
- Fortaleza Do Guincho Hotel Cascais