Stayed here from 4/6/13-7/6/13
The staff are all really friendly and chatty and made us feel welcome.
The rooms are spacious, really modern and very clean - view at the front of the hotel is not great and there was a cockerel that enjoyed the sound of its own voice (no idea where it was either)! Loads of channels on the TV that are English - sounds sad but we had a lot of rain so it came in handy!
The hotel is in a great location, turn left out the road and enjoy a walk along the coast and head towards the marina - we found this a gorgeous area of cascais but a bit like a ghost town - maybe it was just the rain?
When you get to the marina there are some stairs by an oldish looking building - not sure what it is. If you follow it round it takes you into the centre where there is actually more to see than we initially thought. lots of little shops and bars - We ate at a black and white one cant remember the name but it had Harley Davidson logo outside it - the chicken and chips is really nice and fairly priced. The Irish bar O'Neils was popular as well.
If you want a beach there is a small beach area near the marina that has lovely sand and seemed to be quiet enough to relax on.
The food at the hotel is buffet style and actually there is a fair amount of choice - we found some mornings the beans were cold but everything is kept well topped up. You can also have champagne free of charge as part of the buffet.
The pool area is clean and tidy and lots of sunbeds - it was quiet when we went so no fight for sunbeds (on the one sunny day) but i cant imagine they have any problems!
It is quite windy in the area around the hotel so bare that in mind when packing - we didnt!!!
i would recommend this hotel if you are going to cascais!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel is located in Cascais over the sea and close to the Marina. The centre of Cascais is approximately 800 m away and offers several shops and entertainment venues. A link to the public transport network is only 100 m from the hotel and the nearest airport is 30 km away in Lisbon. Completely renovated in 2004, this hotel offers 7 floors with 233 rooms of which 75 standard rooms and 29 junior suites with ocean view. The Hotel offers a 24 hour reception desk, free Wi-Fi in public areas, currency exchange desk, wheelchair access, lifts and parking. In the public areas guests will find one restaurant with buffet or a la carte menu, two bars, a Health Club with Spa, outdoor pool for adults and children, gardens and a playground. Business guests can take advantage of 3 meeting rooms with Wi-Fi Internet connection and multimedia devices. 24 hour room service and laundry service are also available. The tastefully re-decorated rooms come equipped with air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, safe, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. The hotel's Health Club has free access for guests is equipped with sauna and a Spa where you can enjoy massages and beauty treatments for an additional fee. In the exterior will find a swimming pool with a children's paddling area, a pool bar as well as a sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols laid out ready for use in the hotel grounds. A game room with billiard/snooker table among the hotel leisure options and the nearest golf course can be found approximately 2 km away. Guests may select their breakfast and lunch from a wide buffet. Lunch and dinner may also be taken a la carte and lunch can alternatively be chosen from a set menu. Special diet requirements are also catered and special requested dishes can be prepared. Furthermore, it is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vila Gale Cascais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Cascais Hotel Cascais
- Vila Gale Village Hotel Cascais
- Vila Gale Village Cascais
- Cascais Vila Gale Village