“An All-Round Good Experience!”

Restaurante O Pescador
Reserve with
Restaurante O Pescador is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 572 Restaurants in Cascais
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2013

After failed night at Gulli (see that review), very hungry and a bit PO-ed, took myself here on the recommendation of some locals. Greeted by a very nice waiter, who with this partner, treated me like a welcome guest for the rest of the evening. Seated me at a table on the patio and asked if I needed a wrap against the cool evening. Brought a nice dry half-bottle of white wine (a Minho, if I remember right). Water and coperto of bread, olives, roe tapenade and cheese appeared almost immediately. (Olives, just ok. There are great olives in this country! Why do most restaurants serve such indifferent ones!) But for, I think, 2.50 euro, I'm not complaining.

Lobster "bisque" was a bowl big enough for a meal, nicely flavoured and adequate small chunks of crustucean. Even though I'd arrived famished, server recommended sticking to only one grilled tiger prawn, after the soup, and he was right. It arrived perfectly grilled, tender and flavourful (confirming my opinion that the one I'd had at Ramiro's in Lisboa probably wasn't freshly cooked). A few new boiled potatos and carrots on the side made a nice presentation.

The great thing was that I had still room enough for a sobremesa and, since I'd only had one port during my first month in Lisbon, I went for the "small slice of chocolate cake" served with a generous shot of 10-year-old port (I wish I'd remembered the label.) The Portuguese do this so well -- selecting just the right dessert wine to go with whatever you're having.

They offered me another, on the house, but as I was the only table remaining (apart from a trio of happy Russians who looked bound to stay for the night), I tottered back off to my hotel. A giant tip made the bill total out around 70 euro, I think.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is the best restaurant of Cascais ! Take the fish of the day ! Really fresh and fabulous grilled.
we really enjoyed the evening

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Ate a great meal with a group of business associates, service was great, food great and really enjoyed the evening.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by a local from Cascais. Its very much a sea food restaurant and not so much of a fish restaurant. We had the swordfish and Tuna. Each of our mains was about twenty euros each. Everything else was quite costly. I was also not impressed with the bread, cheese and olives they put on the table without explaining the cost. Luckily we knew better and explained that we didn't want any of it so they removed it right away. We ate outside but I did have a peak inside. There were a lot of celebrity photos, Mick Jagger etc. The restaurant was ok. I've had better and worse.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend went here through recommendation...although some of the waiters were a little quiet and moody (apart from one who I had the most fabulous chat about lobster and crabs and in fact let me hold some of them), the food was really great, not too busy and loud a nice place for a romantic dinner...