“A lovely evening of food and wine”

Restaurante O Pescador
Reserve with
Restaurante O Pescador is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 579 Restaurants in Cascais
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Entre o mar e a terra fica esta antiga taberna de pescadores. Assadores de peixe fresco e marisco vivo e uma garrafeira única fizeram a fama deste restaurante. This old fisherman tavern is located between the sea and the fish market, O Pescador. Here we serve fresh fish, seafood with a wonderful wine cellar, all this gives the fame and recognition to the restaurant. Cascais is here.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend went here through recommendation...although some of the waiters were a little quiet and moody (apart from one who I had the most fabulous chat about lobster and crabs and in fact let me hold some of them), the food was really great, not too busy and loud a nice place for a romantic dinner...

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This was recommended by the local Pousada, but our experience was very poor. Waited over an hour for our food; one meal was ridiculously overpriced and the food was tepid. Complaint was met with indifference and no attempt at redress of our dissatisfaction. We eat out a lot and are not prone to complain, but this place is no longer good, if it ever was. There is a really good place up the street - see my other review. Give this place a miss.

Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

We were recommended this by our hotel. It is situated on the same street as Beira Mar which I thought was better.
We shared a fish and seafood platter which was quite generous, but I thought the quality of the fish was not quite as good as at other places.
Service was generally good though.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

It is always busy however the food is not better than much cheaper places in Cascais. Service was alright but we found the food to be disappointing given that it is a highly recommended place to eat. It is not well presented at all and the prices are too high for average food. We were charged 15 euros for the cheese that is plonked on your table-absolute rip-off!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I had passed this restaurant on a number of occasions since our arrival to Cascais i had looked it up on Trip advisor and regardless of reviews had decided to give it a try. We didn't get very far when they seated us and placed olives, pâté, soft cheese, bread all which were priced individually €2.00 p.p approx. We questioned the waiter on whether these were complimentary items we were advised then of prices we felt this was underhand behavior but has been a regular fixture from other restaurants in Cascais. When I ordered a half bottle of wine rather than a bottle this again was questioned & was another issue...we had decided enough was enough we paid for what we had and left the service was terrible and not what you expect on holiday! I wouldnot recommend this restaurant

1  Thank Leonie K