“Didn't meet expectations”

Ranked #116 of 579 Restaurants in Cascais
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The best thing about Paradigma is it's wonderful location overlooking the sea. The tables in the small balconies have beautiful views. The restaurant is upstairs, with a bar serving very good cocktails downstairs. Although the food was good, it didn't quite meet the expectations given the higher price range. We shared the scallops to start. Quite pricey at 16euro for 3 relatively small scallops. They were cooked well but the accompanying sauce wasn't very appetising. I had duck for my main which was nice. My partner had the pork which was a bit tough. The wine, which was recommended, was very good and inexpensive. Lovely setting but you can get better food in Cascais.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We tried many restaurants in Cascais over the last week, and Paradigma stood out for having the best overall experience: delicious food, a fabulous view of the bay, and all at a reasonable price.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Had a great night in Paradigma on my last trip to Cascais.
Great staff, excellent food and even better cocktails.
I will be adding to my agenda on my trips to Cascais moving forward.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Paradigma is a restaurant with a bar set on two floors with a priceless view of Cascais, just a few feet from the water... Decorated with a chic minimalist style, the lower floor has a fab bar with friendly staff serving cocktails to cater all - our table savoured the most classic "manly" cocktails all the way to my proclaimed favorite Green Destiny (with freshly cut kiwi and cucumber) and the equally gorgeous Pineapple Mojito. Wow! So great we've gone back for more. You can tell this place is trendy, but the door is watched so as to not get packed. This place is here to stay. Large glass windows on the lower floor and balconies up top (view!). My friends have had lunch there often and say the business lunch value is a must! We'd pay more for the view alone. The restaurant upstairs perfectly caters for a romantic dinner for 2 or a festive dinner party. All in THE centre of beautiful Cascais. I'll be back again and again. Loved it!

1  Thank PatriciaCSCS
Reviewed June 3, 2012

After arriving and being greeted by their friendly staff we were seated and given a vast choice of cocktails and other drinks to choose from.Although i settled for a beer i "tried"a bit of everyones cocktails with the "Linchberg" and Gin Garden standing out.Even those who are not fans of cocktails should give them a try as they are made very well and are delicious.We then we showed to our table with a great view of over the Bay of Cascais and were shown the ir menu which has good variety of Seafood and meat dishes.The food is very well prepared and the service very good.The staff all speak various languages(English,Spanish and Portuguese)at a very high level.The meal was finished off with a fantastic Chocolate mouse and Coffe and Digestifs.They offer a great selection of Brandys,Ports etc.I highly recomend this restaurant to all and look forward to my next visit.

1  Thank Simon N