“One of our best-ever meals.”
Review of Hemingway Cascais

Hemingway Cascais
Reserve with
Hemingway Cascais is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 586 Restaurants in Cascais
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fine Dining Restaurant by reservation. Amazing terrace during the four seasons, very well knowned for the best fruit & classic cocktails in town always with a fantastic music! Excellent service in a cosy and casual athmosphere.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I have spent five days in Cascais and we have enjoyed some very good meals. I think I have given three 5-star reviews. This, however, was the very best.
We turned up at 9.30pm with no reservation and had to wait a few mins while a table was set for us. We ordered some sparkling water and asked for advice on a nice, dry, Portuguese sauvignon blanc. The owner suggested one at (only) 19 euros, and it was excellent.
I ordered tartare salmon and tuna as a starter, my wife had the 'hunter's sausage'. Both were absolutely perfect (as was the tapas which we were given as a pre-starter).
If anything, the main courses were even better - my sea bass, and my wife's veal - both cooked to perfection. We don't often have a pudding, but I had the coconut panacotta and my wife had the chocolate and caramel gateaux - excellent.
The restaurant has a nice location in the marina and the service was very attentive. I hope we can come back to Cascais and, if we do, we will certainly come back here. FIRST CLASS.

1  Thank soar84

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We came here on trip advisor recommendations. The first time we went to this resteraunt to try it out. We arrived early but we were told that we were to early for dinner we could order a cocktail. We had no starter instead of a starter we had bread which was lovely it was served with butter, tapenade, olive oil. They also had gluten free bread if you requested it. The main courses were very well presented. The food was very good. We ordered a desert of pear and ginger with icecream and gin poured over it it was very good. We decided to go back a second time we were equally as happy the second time. The weather was not as nice the second time. Although it is a bit more expensive then your average resteraunt it is very well worth visiting.
Dublin Ireland

1  Thank Anne K
Reviewed June 20, 2013

On the basis of other Trip Advisor's review we dined in Hemingway a couple of weeks ago. It was fabulous. We were Lucky to get in without reservation at 7.30. Immediately the couple running the place started to take care of us for all aspects of the meal: drinks, food choice, wine and general "feel good".

We enjoyed this thoroughly and recommend "with insistence" !! Make a reservation !!!

1  Thank Herman H
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Initially our party of 4 went to Hemmingways just for drinks but we ended up staying for a fantastic meal with great service and attention to detail at every level.One of our party said it was the best meal she had ever had!Definitely worth a visit for either just drinks or a meal or both.

1  Thank Bookhamhoise
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Me and my husband had dinner there in june. The atmosphere is nice, the food is very good,however the service is going too slowly.