“Great for a Quick Outdoor Meal”

Chequers Restaurant
Ranked #432 of 574 Restaurants in Cascais
Cuisines: Portuguese, International, Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stopped in a pub and were informed they did not serve food, but that they'd escort us to their "partner" so off we walked to Chequers. We were offered a 10% discount for the trouble! We sat outdoors and opened a multi-lingual menu, deciding on cheeseburgers for 3 of us and pasta for one. The food was served quickly, was very good, and the waiter happily re-figured our check when the 10% discount was "overlooked". The men liked it because there were at least 8 TVs showing various sporting events. The women liked it because it was near several tempting shops. Chequers is one of MANY restaurants in this area of Cascais, but it was a good experience for us.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I were persuaded by a voluble, multilingual chap to sit here for lunch on one occasion. Ordering only sardines and a salad and 2 drinks, we waited for 50 minutes to be served, despite being 2 of about 8 patrons. The excuse for the delay...the chef was having lunch..!!!!!! Never again!!

1  Thank fatherbobIreland
Reviewed August 13, 2012

After a 7 days holidays in Cascais me and my partner tried Palm Tree, Duke and John Bull. The experience was good in all of them. NOT THE SAME IN CHEQUERS!!! The owner is rude! The place is dirty, (just a have a look in the toillets)!,the food was ok, so was the service. I say OK comparing it to an english scruffy pub. NEVER AGAIN! CHEQUERS IS THE WORST PLACE TO STAY IN CASCAIS! hAVE NO IDEA WHY THEY ARE STIL OPPEN!

1  Thank Vickyandtomas
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We're just back from Cascais and one of the places that we'll remember will be Chequers.
Guys that we met there were super friendly and helpful as we struggled with our travel-guide Portuguese.
Food was much better than at one of the "posh-ish" restaurants by the seaside and cheaper too, considering the fact it's a pub-o-restaurant.
I have to thank the lads for keeping my camera safe after I forgot it!! :-)

Can't wait to come back!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

It was a great place to stop and have a bite to eat. The waiters were very attentive and the food terrific. Would have been good to know in advance that they were going to charge for the bread & cheese that were provided but overall a great experience!

1  Thank Marilyn W