“Fresh seafood”
Review of Porto Santa Maria

Porto Santa Maria
Reserve with
Porto Santa Maria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 590 Restaurants in Cascais
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Porto de Santa Maria Restaurant is a special place with a privileged location on the Atlantic, where you can enjoy unforgettable gastronomic experiences with the most varied sea flavors.
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I had a seafood basket with lobster and other fishes, they were prepared simply but amazing. Even if we arrived a bit later than the closing time, we were still served and treated very well by the staff! Perfect food and great location!

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Had Sea Bass baked in salt. Try it! Good service and nice setting by the sea. Prices accordingly.

We will certainly come back soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My guide and I had a lunch stop at this restaurant while driving thru the Cascais region from Sintra. I was warned it was going to be expensive. I can't eat euros when Im hungry so obviously I want to see what the fame is all about. I was not disappointed. The fish selection was great and fresh and the service quite attentive. The restaurant itself is located along the beach - I had fish wrapped and baked in salt and the best squid dish I've tasted. They also served fresh cheese as appetizer and it was incredibly good!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

It is very sad for me to write this review, it is based on the past three dining experiences there. The staff is great, no problem there at all. However, the quality of sea food has declined over the past year or so. I am not alone sharing this opinion, as I brought a lot of friends in the culinary business, as well as business associates who knows this restaurant since the beginning and all agree the frontside of the restaurant is great but the quality of seafood has declined. Whether "economic crisis" or not, the reputation gained under the previous owner is slowly getting destroyed... I used to drive that extra mile but now it is not worth taking the trip anymore, unfortunately! I guess nothing lasts forever!!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The best fish and seafood we have ever eaten. And this was not all. The service is warm and polite. The atmosphe calm. Evrything perfect. Not to miss if you can afford it, because the perfection is quite expensive.