“So expensive, not great service”
Review of Monte Mar

Monte Mar
Ranked #37 of 582 Restaurants in Cascais
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were drawn by the view but found the food only equal to restaurants at half the price in town. On top of this the waiters are not very friendly, they seem like they have been there forever and are only there to pick off the tourists. Try eleswhere, grilled fish does not have to cost 40 euros, especially when they sell you a whole fish instead of just enough for 2!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were taken to this restaurant by the driver of our car service. We were seated by the window so we had an excellent ocean view. The seafood was great. I had the squid and shrimp and my husband had a fried fish. I ordered a local green wine and it was very pleasant. The servers were friendly and attentive.

1  Thank LiJo4145
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We went to Monte Mar recommended by our Hotel, and we were not disappointed, eventually going back!

The staff is very nice and professional and both the food and the Wine list are excellent.

The location is also fantastic facing the Atlantic ocean.

This is of course an expensive restaurant, but for it's quality the price is fair.

Tip: try the "Filetes de Pescada" and try the Santini ice creams for desert.

2  Thank Pedritocalheiros
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Monte Mar is a special place for me. It is an upper end family restaurant, whose patrons are well to do, established, Lisbon families. I also assume it is on many guides because tourists, mostly Germans and Spaniards, are regular too (no French for example). With my family we always have the same dish wish fried pescada or tamboril, with fried calamri and arroz de barbigao, added to that hot sauce (with malagetas) and tartar sauce. It is the best combination I ever tasted, Monte Mar is unbeatable at this. But I also recommend the ameijoas as a starter. For desert do not miss the apple strudel. Last but not least, the view is splendid. Any time of the year, if you wallet allows, a visit to Monte Mar is a must.

1  Thank Ramzi M
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is a super seafood restaurant In Cascais. The good is good, but not extraordinary - the prices seems a little to High compared with what you get.

1  Thank Clauslj