“Vintage Restaurant Review”

Hotel Lis Batalha Mestre Afonso Domingues
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Batalha
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We visited Batalha yet again but this time wanted to have lunch there. You have a good selection of normal portuguese cafes and we wanted to sit outside so when we came across this hotel's restaurant with seating outside on the verandha there was no more discussion.
They offered a three course set daily menu for €12.50 which my husband and myself went for and our daughter ordered from the main menu,
The service was attentive, the view of the catherdral beautiful and the food was excellent. We had coffee Steak, Duck and a hot chocolate desert with melting chocolate in the middle desert. I can see this now being our lunch stop for all our visitors.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank P2SBW

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I booked this hotel based on good reviews and it surpassed my expectations. Great location, spotless, looks new and expensive, but we got a good price booking online. Classy dining area, nice rooms with marble bathrooms, very good breakfast buffet with hot and cold foods. The staff was friendly and even charged our dead camera battery for us. Only downside is no pool or fitness center.

Room Tip: Book online for best price. Please ignore terrible rating for pool and fitness center...they do not...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank musicislife4me
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed here one night on 16/6/2012 and have no regrets. Location is unbeatable. Faces the Cathedral which is spitting distance away. My wife is disabled but access was very easy with parking right outside the front door and wheelchair access right to the bedroom if required. Had meal in the evening at their "Vintage" restuarant, all 3 courses were excellent. My wife had the fixed price menu and I chose off the standard menu. The room was modern, clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and very obliging. Paid 65 euros including breakfast - great value.

Room Tip: Small hotel so assume all rooms are equal. Although I assume some have a view of the Cathedral - so...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ianstusmith
Reviewed May 14, 2012

After visiting the gothic monastery in Batalha, we spied a shaded terrace across the plaza, which looked like a perfect location to get out of the sun, relax, and enjoy a nice, cool, adult beverage. What we found instead was Vintage Restaurant, which is past of the Hotel Mestre Afonso Domingues. We decided to stay for lunch.

Vintage has a extensive menu, but I opted for the pre-fixe lunch for 12.50Eur. The meal started with a Spinach Soup, followed by Escallops of Veal served with a Coffee Sauce. Both were excellent. Having dined across Portugal, I was amazed that the veal was tender, and succulent and not tough and overcooked. The service was superb.

Between the excellent meal, and the commanding view of the monastery, Vintage is a great place to relax and enjoy your afternoon.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AmateurBarbarian
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I chose this hotel because it is next to the beautiful historic church/monastery. The staff was great, very helpful, a good example of the best portuguese hospitality. The hotel is very modern, free wi-fi, boutique -hotel feeling and spotless. We had a nice breakfast buffet included with our room price. There are two restaurants around the corner from the hotel, one of them Dom Duarte, in which we had a nice portuguese diner. There are nice small shops next to the hotel. I would reccommend this hotel above all others in Batalha

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank reeldoc
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Unbeatable location in Batalha. Comfortable and clean rooms. Nice restaurant and bar. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Just to clarify, I am reviewing the restaurant at this hotel, Vintage.

The restaurant at this hotel was a fantastic place to have lunch. The outside dining patio is really nice and comfortable, and gives a great view of the cathedral.
Service was really good. They were very happy to help us.
The food was great. I had a chicken dish. The chicken was cooked well, and the sauce that came with it was tangy and sweet, further complimenting the dish. It was also wonderfully presented. I loved it.
I did not actually stay at this hotel, but I did see the lobby. It was small, but very comfortable and modern, not to mention friendly, which is something I found very appealing in Portugal. Definintely a welcome sight to travellers. I'll just say that this would be a nice place to stay if you end up in Batalha. But definitely stop by the restaurant if you're in the area. It's worth the trip.

Room Tip: If it's possible, try to get a room with a view of the cathedral.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batalha
Hotel Casa do Outeiro
#1 of 6 in Monte Real
Casa Da Nora
Casa Da Nora
#1 of 1 in Cortes

Been to Hotel Lis Batalha Mestre Afonso Domingues? Share your experiences!