“Awesome”
Review of aCapella

aCapella
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were taken here by some local musicians we met at a crazy restaurant for drinks and Fado. The music was mind blowing. The acoustics in the chapel added to this moving experience. We hope you are as lucky as we were to have a wonderful musical experience in Coimbra of Fado.

1  Thank AlaskaEagle
There are newer reviews for aCapella

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have visited this house every time i go to Coimbra.
And its always a great experience.
Simply the best in the gender.
Awsome artists and very good mood and friendly hosting.
The place is and old church with a lot of historical value, that gives fado one amazing acoustic sound.
I recommend and I take there my friends and business partners, all of them leave enchanted.
Its weird to see bad comments to something with high quality standards as a Capella, because travelling to all Europe as I did, its not easy to find a Bar with music with so much quality in everything, place, food, beer and wine or the best sangria I ever taste.
Live Long a Capella

2  Thank Nuno R
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I'm Portuguese and this restaurant was recomended by a mate, but I'll not go there again for sure. At least that day, the service was terrible. We payed 10€ for entrance but the singer arrived late, he singed only 6 or 7 musics with a bad voice, in spite he was nice as person and they told us that there would be a show with piano that didn't happen, because the person didn't appeared and at the end there were a rock show and they said "To stay to this one you have to pay more 10€". The service was terrible too. They took lots of time to came with olives and drinks to the tables (around 20 minutes). Really bad.

4  Thank an4s4nt0s
Reviewed December 18, 2012

It´s a fado house, Coimbra Fado, only man can sing this tipe os Fado. It´s an old church. Do i have to say more

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Birthplace of the most erudit style of Fado, Coimbra needed a special place dedicated to these amazing Genre of Music. And that's what aCapella is.
A group of friends that played fado for many years, decided to open a bar where they could present their art. Just by luck they found the owner of an old chappel and realised that they had the chance of a life time. They could create one of the most music places in Portugal
And they did just that.
The place is just amazing, the sound conditions almost perfect and the music is always there. Not only fado. Also other styles (with special guests) are played.
I just love this place.