“As good as the reviews told us and even better”
Review of A Cozinha da Maria

A Cozinha da Maria
Ranked #16 of 442 Restaurants in Coimbra
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: in the city centre of Coimbra
Reviewed August 19, 2013

As recommended in the reviews we ordered pork in red wine (chefs dish). It was a lovely dish. Good flavours and well cooked. Another dish, goat meat in red wine was also very good. We loved the vegetables that accompanied the meal. The person who helped us was very nice. Although the restaurant was full, he managed to give us a table within 5 minutes, just as he predicted. Service was excellent. Thank you for a lovely evening!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,412)

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a nice place in Coimbra. Good food, great fish, good wines, fresh food, good location and great service.
I ate "Dourada grelhada" and being from Lisbon I've eaten many times this dish, I must say this place made one of the best I ate. The wine list is also very interesting with many good choices.
Kinda traditional place with a young approach.
All this for a good price. If you are in Coimbra you must check this place.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Booking is recommendable, since the place is rather busy. The menu is small, and nicely explained by the staff. My partner took veal fillet, it was excellent, with the delicate sour flavor, me octopus a bit too bitter I would say, you can paid only in cash, general impression is very positive.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We run into this place while cold, hungry and kind of desperate after a couple of bad experiences in low-cost low-quality taverns around Portugal. But looking backwards, this was our best eating experience in our whole Portugal-trip. The atmosphere is cozy, the place is well arranged, the waiter is helpful and caring. And the food is amazing: the first night we had a tasty pork Alentejo-style with two glasses of fragrant red wine. Only little problem: the service was slow, and the couple beside us was seriously disappointed by that (we didn't actually care). Next day I had a bacalhau assado which was nothing like the bacalhau assado you find in the taverns around the country, and my boyfriend had an impressive steak: it was all delicious and a lot. And the most we payed was 36 euros altogether!

2  Thank ladylazarus103
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food was great and we were lucky to have some fado singers in to sing on sunday so it was super. Very polite staff. You have to eat here.

3  Thank Nick Z