“Great Value and thoroughly entertaining.”

Restaurante Ze Neto
Ranked #37 of 389 Restaurants in Coimbra
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great Value and thoroughly entertaining.”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

At the town end of the restaurant street Rua Azeiteiras this little place is favoured by locals and has a busy vibe with plenty of good humour. The cod fish was a little dry (this is seems to be a common experience in Portugal) so the waitress (probably an owner's family member) grabbed a bottle of olive oil and splashed it onto the fish which is apparently how the locals like it - not us but when in Rome...... The food was freshly cooked within sight and the meal was typical Portugese fare. I would recommend stews and "hot pots" of pork, lamb or even kid (sorry folks) as they were always tender and filling. We had extra veg on the side but this was the only place where we didn't need it. Great value and thoroughly entertaining . I have Jose's card in front of me as I write and even now it raises a smile!

• Visited September 2013

• Polish first
“Good local food and easy to find”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We arrived and the restaurant was empty - no atmosphere but we were not put off.
We struggled to read the menu as most of it was in Portuguese and the waitress spoke very little English but still we stayed and I'm very pleased we did.
By the time we had ordered the place was full with locals as well as tourists - the food and wine was very good and the service was friendly - and it wasn't expensive either. Well worth a visit

• Visited October 2013
Davis, California, United States
“Small family restaurant with good food”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We went to this restaurant because it was a top choice in the Lonely Planet guide. Typical Portuguese food. Good food with friendly service. . . the owner even wandered out to say hello. We went by earlier in the afternoon and made reservations. Sure glad we did. . . otherwise unless you go early you'll probably have to wait.

Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best cod fish I had during my 2 weeks in Portugal”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant since it's a top choice in the Portugal lonely planet and it is a must for everyone passing through or staying in Coimbra. Tucked away in a small alley I didn't really know what to expect but from the moment I got my cod fish, I knew this was gonna be the real deal. I think a payed around 14 euro for a 2 course meal (drinks included). Great value for money in my opinion and utter authenticity!

• Visited September 2013
Pamplona, Spain
“Good option to eat portuguese food.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Typical portuguese restaurant. Familiar restaurant with a good option of dishes to choose. I ate a Bacalhau à Gomes de Sá. Good value for price.

• Visited July 2013