“Extraordinary!”

Japones
Ranked #39 of 444 Restaurants in Coimbra
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: O Japonês É O Mais Antigo E Conceituado Restaurante De Gastronomia Japonesa De Coimbra, Onde Se Cultiva A Exigente Arte Do Sushi E Sashimi Numa Cozinha De Autor Contemporânea E Original. Respeitando A Boa Tradição Nipónica No Apreço Pela Elegância E Qualidade Nos Detalhes, É Um Espaço Pensado Para Propiciar Uma Experiência Estética Global A Partir Da Mesa, Envolvendo Os Cinco Sentidos. Um Ambiente Moderno E Intimista, Distribuído Por Três Salas Cuidadosamente Decoradas, Um Serviço Qualificado, Uma Garrafeira Bem Selecionada, E Os Melhores Produtos Frescos Trabalhados Por Uma Equipa De Chefs Experientes E Criativos, Que Preparam No Momento Pratos De Paladar Requintado E Sofisticada Beleza, Aguardam Por Si No Japonês.
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We simply had a lovely experience in this restaurant! We found it on trip advisor and decided to try it one night. The place and the decoration is cozy and calm. We had one platter of chicken tyriaki and a sushi platter and a dessert afterwards. The chicken tyriaki did not exist on the menu but as I mentioned it to the waiter, he made a special order for me, what was kind and appreciated! That chicken tyriaki was the best I have ever tasted and I have tried plenty of those around the world. It was tender, properly cooked, and perfectly seasoned!
The sushi as well was very tasty, and the desserts had a quite interesting taste... Chocolate mint balls wrapped and fried along with a mascarpone. That was a brilliant meal. To top this even more, the waiter was very kind, helpful, spoke fluently English and had the funniest comments and jokes to light up our night!

We really wanted to go back there but we were leaving the next day :( - the first thing I would do if I visit back Coimbra is to go have a nice meal there.

1  Thank Sarah Z

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I've been there a couple of times and the last time I was there for my birthday celebration. I was reticent as I was going with the kids, but it turn out to be great!

The different rooms (each of them with relatively small quantity of places) in the restaurant allowed us to have some privacy, and they have excellent and quite cheap menus for kids.

Regarding the meal, we have just followed their recommendation, starting with the skewered chicken and the tiny rolled crepes, going through the different sushi pieces (the one with mango was specially nice) and trying a couple hot dishes (I've loved the pasta with seeds and shrimps... Gotta try it! ).

I've also noticed that they have menus for lunch period at very reasonable prices... Have to try one of these days!

Definitely to go back!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

It is for sure the best Japanese restaurant in Coimbra. The sushi is pretty fresh and we can see it's carefully made. I have always had good experiences. Decoration is nice, the service is good.
The right place to go for Japanese in Coimbra although I think that if you are a great admirer of japanese food, you will not get impressed.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

To be honest, it was my first time eating sushi.. However, I went to this restaurant because some friends of mine suggested it as the "best sushi ever".

Extraordinary taste, excellent service.

We took the 22 pieces mixed plate (both sushi and nigiri), vegetables tempura and three glasses of wine for 44€ total. I think it's a very good price.

Highly recommended :)

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

One of the most beautiful restaurants in Coimbra, with a really trendy decor.
Amazing staff and great japanese food.

1  Thank Francisco M