“Adega Lusitania”

Dining options: Reservations
Southeast USA
“Adega Lusitania”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I go to Restaurant Adega Lusitania at least 4-5 times, during every trip I make to Terceira (usually once/year)!! It is, without a doubt, the BEST restaurant I've ever been to....fresh fish & shellfish, fresh steak, Alcatra, and fresh fruits (especially the pineapple)! I love this restaurant and I wish we had one in my town....except, that I would probably go everyday and end up fat! The food, service, and environment are EXCELLENT!!

• Visited August 2011

Angra do Heroismo, Portugal
“Adega Lusitania-an Azorean experience”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I've visited this restaurant several times and the food is always good.
The atmosphere is traditional Azorean, from the old fashioned weaved tableclothes to old fashioned ornamental oil lamps. It is a pleasant atmosphere with professional service.
Their traditional vegetable soup is delicious as are their Filets de Abrotea. Essentially all their plates are very good!
During the summer months it is always best to reserve for dinner as it can get very busy.

Visited January 2012
United Kingdom
“Did not like the local beef stew”
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Recommended to this restaurant t for the standard of the local delicacy a sort of beef stew with herbs etc and I found it not to be to my taste - stringy and not a lot of flavour. I can make a better stew than that.

We diened in the smoking part of the restauarnt which was not a problem as there was onlyn one smoker.

My wife had the fish which was delicious and the service was excellent with a good atmosphere from music coming form the main restaurant where there was large party.

We chose a local wine which was like a very young Beaujolais which even though served cold really took some drinking especially as I had ordered a litre carafe. My mistake.

Good evening but preferred the Beira-Mar Hotel restaurant - better food, atmosphere and service.

1 Thank Exhotelier79
Milano, Italia
“Nice experience, good food, price is ok”
Reviewed September 3, 2010

very nice place in the modern part of Angra do Heroismo. Few choice, but really good. Fish excellent and good meat. Pleasant service. Don't look for charme or sofistacation, just accept simple, but tipical, envirnoment and food and you'll be pleased.

1 Thank 19paolo60mi
London
“Very good local food in a rustic atmosphere”
Reviewed August 12, 2010

A local recommended the Restaurant Adega Lusitania to us, pointing out their very good "Alcatra", a typical Azorean beef stew which has to be cooked slowly in the oven for over five hours. We followed the recommendation and we were very happy with this typical, traditional meal which was served in a rustic atmosphere. Portions were very generous indeed. We would recommend this place and dish.