TripAdvisor
Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Ways to Experience Pure Azores Tours
from $34.01
More Info
All reviews west tour west side sao miguel east van two days included lunches lunch cooked excellent tour tea factory highly recommend this tour company friendly guide small group beautiful scenery stew hot springs local guide day tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was our third exploration with Pure Azores and it was great as were the others. We did not want to rent a car and felt we were missing some of the less traveled highlights. This tour solved that problem for us. We saw beautiful waterfalls and beaches and mountains, sharing the sites with only a few hikers versus hundreds of tourists at the more popular destinations. We had the chance to do some hiking but in multiple locations. Wonderful experience and Fernando was the best guide. Highly recommend.

1  Thank PamelaL2253
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Despite the poor weather and missing some highlights because of that, this was a wonderful introduction to the island. Hugo is one of the best guides I've ever been on a tour with; he's very friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable about São Miguel. I was here on a writing assignment, and he provided some great insights into its history, environment, and way of life. I highly recommend Hugo and Pure Azores!

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank IsabelleAnneAbraham
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is an awesome way to get to know São Miguel beyond the obvious tourist attractions, and through this tour, I discovered my favorite spot on the island! Fernando is a terrific guide, and even though the bad weather prevented us from seeing some places, he made up for it with a few detours. I really recommend this tour company!

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank IsabelleAnneAbraham
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The first day on the Azores I decided to do the East trip with Pure Azores. I had the luck of having João as a guide, who does it so enthusiastically I immediately decided to do the West trip on the second day. This trip is filled with the most wonderful views, you just have to go and see for yourself; words and photos don't compare to the personal experience! The grass really is greener and the lakes azur coloured on the Azores, simply amazing!!! Our guide João did a really good job on making sure we got the best views even when the weather was very unpredictable. He also tells you about the Azores in general and the connection to Portugal mainland. When he drops you off at the hotel in the evening you have had a wonderful experience, I can guarantee you that. Thank you, João! Greetings from Belgium

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank joriboon
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Since I didn't know where to start my journey on Sao Miguel, I decided to let me be guided by Pure Azores. They offer a very interesting tour in small groups, so you can enjoy the wonderful views, the company of the group and the expertise of the guide in a very personal experience. The East tour starts with a visit to a chapel at Villa de Franco, before visiting Furnas and it's geothermic pools. There you can enjoy lunch and decide to even bathe in the pools in the city center or visit the botanical garden instead. In the afternoon you go further exploring the East part of the island with some very wonderful scenery along the way (the hortensias!) and at the viewing points (the lakes!). I enjoyed it so much I immediately decided to book the West tour for the day after. If you can, ask for João, he's the best! He does it with so much joy and humour, simply the best guide ever!

Date of experience: September 2019