Vila Nova Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Ponta Delgada(Ponta Delgada)
$131
$136
Hotel Talisman(Ponta Delgada)
$92
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Marina Atlantico(Ponta Delgada)
$214
$191
  • Breakfast included
Sao Miguel Park Hotel(Ponta Delgada)
$168
$146
Travelocity
Solar da Gloria ao Carmo(Ponta Delgada)
$142
Orbitz.com
Hotel Canadiano(Ponta Delgada)
$323
All reviewsairport flight pathclose to the airportsecure parkingbreadper daybaconenjoyed our staybeansshort walkyogurthire cartown centredinner buffetthree starnice stayfitness roomsao miguel
Reviewed March 27, 2011

my wife and I are from Calgary Alberta Canada and we stay at the hotel Vila Nova at least one month every year for the past 5 years and we have the best of service,clean rooms,great breakfasts included in the room rate plus Dinner buffet with all the wine we can drink at a very Affortable SET PRICE.
We like the live entertaiment and dance every Friday and Saturday nights while enjoying a cold portuguese sagres beer when we come in from a full day of site seeing .The pool has confortable sun chairs,outdoor games room and a portable bar and food service at pool side.WE RECOMEND THIS HOTEL and we will continue to come to it ourselfs. GREAT VALUE , GREAT LOCATION , FRIENDLY EMPLOYEES...HAVE A GREAT STAY ...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank maybetalves
Reviewed August 27, 2010

If I went to Ponta Delgada again, I definetely would not stay in Vila Nova. It was my mistake to trust the booking.com -website. They say there's a free wifi hot spot area available throughout the hotel. That is NOT true. I could have chosen a cheaper hotel situated in a better location, but I chose Vila Nova, because it seemed to be the only hotel in Ponta Delgada offering free wifi. I did not find this out until I arrived at the hotel and I ended spendind 400 euros more that I should have on accomodation.

In any hotel room internet connection is a basic necessity just like a shower with water actually coming from the tap with no extra charge. Just like I also except electric current and voltage to come out from the power outlet when I plug my hair dryer in.

Wifi signal was available in the lobby for free. We were clever enough to try out the wifi at out second floor balcony. The signal was weak and the speed slow, but we were able to browse, when it wasn't raining. In the pool area the signal was strong enough only in the first poolside table by the door. That would have been ok, if the pool had not been so close, my computer was always getting splashed.

Well, not everything about the hotel was bad. Breakfast was good, and the buffet dinner was also good and very reasonably priced. Staff was friendly, but sometimes they left the lobby bar unanttented for a long time, people could not order more drinks on pay their bills. Pool bar was never open.

Pool water was clean, and the staff often supplied big, soft, fresh towels.

Front desk services, cleaning, car park etc. worked just fine, but I wish there had been a hotel book in our room about the services provided. Now the information was provided only in the lobby and by travel agencies, not by the hotel.

Our room was large and the bathroom was nice. AC worked fine. Soundproofing was poor, you could easily hear your neighbors talking. Don't worry about the airport being so close. Yes, the planes landing and taking off are noisy and fly over the hotel at low altitude. Ponta Delgada airport is small, there aren't that many flights per day and hardly any at night. There was no traffic noise, even though our room was facing the street.

The location is central, if you consider for example the city gate the center of Ponta Delgada. But the new restaurants and shops build on the new levee Portas do Mar or the kiosks of whale watching companies seem to be quite far.

Vila Nova Hotel in an ok hotel, but I think the price-quality ratio is not good.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nestorex
Reviewed August 12, 2010

If you are looking for hotel accommodation in Ponta Delgada, we can highly recommend the Hotel Vila Nova. It is well located in walking distance to the town centre and almost next to the square "Praca 5 de Outubro" where there is a party with live music 5 days a week in July and August.
The quality of the hotel is very good, the rooms of high standard. The hotel is generally very clean. Staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is disappointing, as often the case in most hotels (even 4 star) in Portugal, Madeira and the Azores: if you can, book without breakfast and go to one of the great Pastelarias or bakeries where you get very good breakfast for little money.
We were a bit worried when we read that the hotel is very close to the airport, and that flight noise would be disturbing. Well - it is true that the airport is very close to Ponta Delgada, but that affects all hotels (we were in other hotels). We did not find the flight noise disturbing at all - inside the hotel we actually never even perceived it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Falco1968
Reviewed June 30, 2010

My adult son and I stayed four nights (in two two-night increments) at the Vila Nova and found it an excellent hotel for our needs. Located at the edge of the old section of the city it was a perfect locale, close but not in the middle of things. The rooms were clean, the staff was very helpful -- and we used them a lot to arrange tours, give directions, etc. The buffet breakfast was delicious. And, in a rarity, they have free internet service.
We strongly recommend the Vila Nova. It is just a block from the forts, churches etc. of this fasinating and lovely place.

• Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank Bluefoot
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Visit St. Michael every year and allways stay at the Vila Nova. In the past have stayed in
different places around the island, it was nice for the experience, but the island is
small so staying in one place is much more convienent.. Have brought friends and
stayed in Vila Nova, when returning they have said nothing but good things about the
Hotel. Have also suggested to people who were visiting the island to visit Vila Nova,
and they were totally satisfied.
The Hotel is clean, the people working there are very friendly and helpful when needed.
Having breakfast every morning is of no complaint, beautiful food for early morning. The
lounge at night is comfortable with the music and entertiainment.
Being across the street from the old Fort is a thing to see with it's history. Walking the
streets of the Capital is an enjoyment. Many restaurants, shopping, and things to just
keep you busy, never boring. A short walk up to the University to visit, Monuments, parks,
swimming pools, the marina, museums, and much more.
The Hotel is located not far from the Airport, so at times there will be planes passing
over the building, but so what, it's not that loud, and you must realize it's the city.
Every morning after breakfast it's get in the car and go off exploring, and I mean there
will be things that you'll see that will have your eyes open wide to beauty.
As far as suggesting places to visit, honestly there are too many. From Sete Cidades,
Mosteiros, Ribeira Grande, Vila Franca do Campo, Povoacoa, Furnas, and the many
more smaller places, it's never ending. But let me honestly say the one place that
stands out for many many reasons is Nordeste with it's surrounding communities of
the municipality. Don't forget to bring a camara, especially out in Nordeste.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo