Stayed at the Atlantico for a soccer tournament that my son was involved in on Ponta Delgada.
Location-is great right on the water facing Atlantic. Right near a lot of cute little restaurants on a boardwalk area.
Check-in-went smoothly all front desk reps. speak English so no problems in communication. Seems to be a very popular hotel with tourists as there were many Europeans and Americans staying in the hotel during my stay.
Room-room was a good size for just me. Double with two beds pushed together. It was clean and modern with lots of space to hang clothes up. Room faced the ocean which was nice. Never had to use the air as it was cool enough at night to keep slider open and not many bugs. One negative was the shower. The way the curtain is situated caused a flood for the first 2 times I used it and I was not the only guest who had this issue. Just make sure you get in the shower and keep the adjustable nozzle turned way in in before turning water on.
Dining area/breakfast-i had breakfast included in my stay which was a hot buffet every morning. Certain things they do well like, coffee, croissants, bread, local pineapple. Other items not so good like oatmeal, yogurt, orange juice other fruits, no pancakes or french toast but I get that it is Europe and its not common. Had a snack one night at bar area and it was OK. Other than that can't really comment on food.
Pool-had an outdoor pool across the street but didn't use it as it was not that hot. Never used the gym either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Across the marina and the Port of Cruises, in the center of Ponta Delgada in S. Miguel Island, Hotel Marina Atlântico offers a superb view of the ocean in the horizon colored by boat masts and flags. Hotel Marina Atlântico embodies a ship, with high masts, resting on the shore. As the best hotel in town, its decor is luminous and modern, inspired by nautical motifs and inviting you to have a serene and unique experience. You can leisurely benefit from a first class Health Club and savor its well-known and distinct cuisine full of local Azorean products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Marina Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Atlantico Hotel
- Marina Atlantico Ponta Delgada
- Hotel Marina Atlantico Ponta Delgada, Azores - Sao Miguel