“icing on the cake!”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Went here on the last night of our holiday and it was definitely a case of saving the best till last! We both had fish which was superb - as was the service.

1  Thank ethompsone
There are newer reviews for 100 Espinhas

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is one of the worst places we have ever been in. Service slow and unfriendly. We ordered veal cutlets which we could not cut. The knives were blunt so we thought, but had to ask for a steak knife, still could not cut plus the blood was oozing out. My wife said to the waiter to tell the chef. He did not bother so we sent the meal back, drank and paid for our wine then left. This place ruined our night. A complete waste of a piece of veal due to bad cooking.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My daughter and I ate here on our recent visit. We had a fish/squid kabob which was very tasty! I also had some white Sangria that was full of fresh fruit. The view was of the marina and swimming area! The only reason I don't give this a 5 rating is because there were 'off duty' wait staff sitting there cursing and smoking as if they had nowhere better to go. Other than that small aspect, it was very nice.

1  Thank Gwendoline B
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Great restaurant for seafood at reasonable prices in a pleasant atmosphere. Courteous attentive staff. One of my favorite restaurants in Ponta Delgada

1  Thank Francisco_Maia
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We went here 3 times during our 7 day stay we liked it that much!! I had the tuna steak - cooked beautifully, fish so tender it fell apart, we also tried the steak - that had mixed reviews! On our last night i had the mixed fish kebab - GORGEOUS!!! and my partner had the mixed meat kebab which again came highly rated!!

The only downside - which we found across the whole island not just this restuarant is that they LOVE salt, they add it to everything and then tend to add far too much for my own taste!! The potatoes came coated in it and its in the sauce - basically everywhere, but again that was a common theme throughout the island!!

We would recommend this restaurant, staff are friendly and welcoming and give you tips and hints on what to have. If your a sea food lover like me, you have to try either the tuna or fish kebab!!
And the house wine 10 Euros - lovely and refreshing after a boiling hot day!

Go there and enjoy!