“We had another great afternoon with Rui,”

Azores Private Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name is Rui and I am a Sao Miguel Island native. I love meeting people from other countries and making their visit to the Azores one they will never forget. My customers are not just clients to me – they are new friends, and as such they receive personalised service. I have many years of experience as a professional private driver, and you will find me an enthusiastic host with an excellent sense of humour. I can provide VIP services, Private Tours by Car and/or Minivan, and Airport Transfers.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
London, Canada
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“We had another great afternoon with Rui,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was the third time in a couple of years that we were for a day during our transition cruise on Ponta Delgada and because we had already had two great tours with Rui from Azores Private Tours I contacted him again . Although he had already made commitments for the morning with others , I asked if it was possible for him to take us to one of the local restaurants to enjoy the real flavours of the Azores . We were looking for some fresh local seafood , cheeses , wine and deserts that the local people enjoy .
After some emailing Rui asked us to be on the pier at 2.30 . As always Rui was waiting for us with a hugh smile and took us in his impeccable car just out of town to the Cais 20 restaurant a favourite place for the local population . We invited Rui to join us for this "foodie" experience and to recommend and guide us through the great menu that is available with items that we had never tasted before , barnacles , limpets and baby octopus , green wine etc etc , in short we had a wonderful afternoon with our friend .
I have earlier reviewed Rui and after the first time called him our friend and it is hard to find words after our experiences with Rui and reading all the reviews from others to trump that .
So I will call Rui our great friend from the Azores . We hope to visit Rui many more times for more adventures on this beautiful island , he is the BEST !

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Anthony F

Healdsburg, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Best on Ponta Delgada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Second time with Rui. There'll be more. Beautiful drive. Fun conversation. New sights and insights. Great lunch. What more could you want?

Amherst, New Hampshire
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent tour with personable guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We booked a tour to Sete Cidades and the western area of San Miguel with Rui based on his excellent reviews, and we were not disappointed! He is an extremely personable, polite, and well informed guide who will answer all questions and provide a great deal of information about the area as he drives. He strives to make your tour a memorable one, and it is clear he enjoys his work. His knowledge of the area is extensive, and his English is excellent.
We were delighted by all we saw, and Rui's company made it all the more enjoyable. I highly recommend this tour guide for a memorable tour in San Miguel.

1 Thank 5JMP
Wigan, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rui a Great Tour Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We arrived on a cruise ship on March 9th and met Rui near where the ship docked. We spent a most memorable time with him. He has excellent English and is kind and courteous and really knows his island. He took us to the fire lake, the sulphur springs and Ribeira Grande where he took us to a local bar to taste some local cheese and red wine. We had expressed interest in local cheeses and Rui picked up on this. We made many stops to admire the views and take photographs and no request was too much trouble. We had visited Sao Miguel on two previous occasions but we saw the island through different eyes thanks to Rui and his excellent knowledge. He was really good company and we would definitely recommend him and we plan to contact Rui next year on our visit to Sao Miguel.

Manassas, Virginia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“The Best of the Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I can not say enough about this incredible young man that escorted my friend and I for two of the days we spent in the Azores. You will not find a more knowledgeable, kinder, friendlier, happier or dare I say more good looking guide on the island. He was so polite. Such a gentleman. No request was a problem for him. It was a pleasure being with him. We wanted to take him home with us. Hire Rui, you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank Passportcurrent