“Wonderful Guide”

Azores Private Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name is Rui and I am a Sao Miguel Island native. I love meeting people from other countries and making their visit to the Azores one they will never forget. My customers are not just clients to me – they are new friends, and as such they receive personalised service. I have many years of experience as a professional private driver, and you will find me an enthusiastic host with an excellent sense of humour. I can provide VIP services, Private Tours by Car and/or Minivan, and Airport Transfers.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My daughter booked a tour for us with Rui on our trip to the Azores. She said he was highly rated and I can see why. He was friendly, informative and very thoughtful in what we saw and the best way to see it. He was very accommodating and listened to our thoughts and made suggestions. He was also fun and very pleasant to spend the day with. Not only did he listen to our story, but happened to find relatives of my husband. He really listened! I would not hesitate to recommend him to others. He's the best and made our trip unforgettable. .

1  Thank Gail A
There are newer reviews for Azores Private Tours

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I happen to be visiting a park in the azores and I happen to notice Rui from the website. I introduced myself and mentioned how I read good things about him online. He was so kind to take time to not only give the tour to his guests but to also socialize with my husband and I and make everyone feel so good about our visit there. I'd highly recommend Rui as a tour guide he knows his Island and he is adorable inside and out. I told him he looks like a young Donny Osmond. He's so sweet and caring and I look forward to meeting him again on my return visit to Sao Miguel Azores. Keep up the good work Rui.

1  Thank Deb M
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Rui was a great guide and a perfect gentleman. He offered us total flexilbility
in our choice of tour on the day to cope with changes in the weather and gave us
a truly personal and interesting insight into the people and beauty of the island.
Our tour to cete cidades, pineapple farm and the downtown area was really interesting
and thoroughly enjoyable
Hilton and Ruth

2  Thank Hilt47
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Rui made sure we saw and did everything on our list in 2.5 days, giving us a superb view of the rugged beauty and history of the island. (We explored Ponta Delgado mostly on our own.) He is a highly personable and knowledgeable guide who is flexible and willing to adjust plans as we discovered things or weather shifted. We truly enjoyed his company, which is such a bonus. My husband and I have hired private guides in Rio, Venice, Florence, Rome and Lisbon and he is our favorite. Pre-arrival communications were good and easy. The car was comfortable. We wish Rui all success.

1  Thank RIBev2
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I contacted Rui via email prior to our trip. He responded quickly and was exact with all aspects. He picked us up from the airport and took us on a guided tour of Ponta Delgada. The weather was not great but Rui made the best of it. He was great with the kids and his English was excellent! We can't thank Rui enough for making our trip to Sao Miguel a memorable one. I would recommend Rui to anyone going to Ponta Delgada who wants a professional guiding them around the island.

1  Thank Jamie V