“Fabulous Tour of Ponta Delgada!”

Azores Private Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name is Rui and I am a Sao Miguel Island native. I love meeting people from other countries and making their visit to the Azores one they will never forget. My customers are not just clients to me – they are new friends, and as such they receive personalised service. I have many years of experience as a professional private driver, and you will find me an enthusiastic host with an excellent sense of humour. I can provide VIP services, Private Tours by Car and/or Minivan, and Airport Transfers.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We just returned from our cruise and by far the highight of our trip was the tour provided to us by Rui Mederios. Rui was an outstanding guide for his beautiful island and took us to all of the gorgeous viewpoints, the liquor and tea factories, the pineapple plantation, the hot spings and much more. He brought us to local places to sample the cheeses and wines. He was the consummate host and we would highly recommend a tour with Rui if you are visiting Sao Miguel!

3  Thank heidijo12

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I didn’t get Rui for my guide, but one of his associates, Francisco. Rui’s communication with me beforehand was responsive and clear, adding to my confidence in his services. Francisco spoke excellent English (he is an English tutor in addition) and was chock full of facts and dates about the island’s history. He had a special eye for architecture and it deepened my appreciation of sites on other days. He provided unbiased observations, suggestions, and recommendations and he hit 3 for 3 on the restaurants he suggested. Good company, great service.

5  Thank nodeceiver
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We put together a group of 6 from the Celebrity Eclipse and contacted Rui about a month ahead of our scheduled stop on November 1st. He was already booked himself, but arranged for his alternate guide, Francisco, to meet us at the cruise terminal door and give us a 6 minivan tour of Fire Lake, Ribeira Grande, Furnas and points between, including a tea plantation and liquor sampling. Francisco is a very knowledgeable and entertaining guy with perfect English and a great sense of humor, so don't hesitate to ask for him. In addition to the sights, Francisco arranged for us to have a cozido lunch cooked in the steam vents and then served at Tony's Restaurant in Furnas - very tasty and reasonably priced. Thanks to RM Tours, our experience of Sao Miguel was far better than that of the people who took the big buses and for considerably less per person in cost.

5  Thank Peter_and_Susanne
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Thank you Rui, We were the couple that you collected from the airport when we returned to Sao Miguel from our trips around the Islands, you then collected us the next day and gave us a tour of the northern and eastern sides of the island in some very bad weather, the Tea Plantation, The Botanical Garden, The Lunch from the Earth , I could go on & on. It really was a great tour, we could not fault it, you a superb ambassador for the Azores & we hope that you go far in the World you deserve to. I bet you wish that the owner of your had bought a Silver model rather than a Black one! Once again THANK YOU RUI.
Kind Regards Peter Newson & Jenny Wilson.

PS. Please pass on our thanks to Maria at . Melo Travel for organising our holiday and for choosing you as our guide

5  Thank peterandjenny282
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We spent 2 1/2 days touring the island with Rui. He was very punctual and spoke excellent English. He was extremely knowlegeable of the island and its history. He had a great sense of humor and made the tour very interesting. I celebrated a milestone birthday on one of the days we were touring with him and he made it a very special occassion. We highly recommend Rui as your tour guide if you are ever in Sao Miguel. In addition to tours, he also provides airport to hotel transfers.

2  Thank Filomena C