“Food good and price reasonable”

Restaurante O Roberto
Ranked #81 of 194 Restaurants in Ponta Delgada
Cuisines: Portuguese, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The restaurant is in the sea front with view to the habor. the price is very reasonable (or cheap) to its location.
We had seafood rice for 2 people; it might be a bit too salty but taste good anyway.
Overall, here is a safe place where you can go in and have a good meal without worrying bad service nor bad food nor horrible prices.

1  Thank Eratolin

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Nice atmosfeer in the lesser touristic part of the boulevard. Good value, nice food. The restaurant was reccomended by the owner of Quinta Atlantis in Provocao.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This restaurant is close to the main seafront road, near the tourist information, but doesn't have great views nor does it have any outside eating areas. The staff were friendly and service was rapid. I had one of the sat cod dishes. Past experience elsewhere salt cod can be very salty - but this was beautifully prepared, slight saltiness but just right. A great dish, such that I will try salt cod again. Wine by the glass, so as I was eating alone, I didn't feel I left out.

Free wifi meant I could access the Internet before and after my meal.

I didn't take the special menu, but there is a 'menu of the day' option for those on a budget on some days, providing good value.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We must have gone there on an off day! Like most of the seafront restaurants the menu consisted of a variety of seafood with salad and potatoes or a choice of Steak, chicken or pork with salad and chips.The food itself was fine, there was nothing wrong with it but nothing to distinguish it.
The price however was slightly cheaper than some of the other restaurants.
The service and the restaurant itself we thought were terrible. The restaurant consists of an older wood panelled interior with a much more modern and contemporary extension built onto the pavement with huge windows affording a view over the harbour. Upon entering the restaurant we were instantly hit by the cold, it was absolutely freezing inside and when coupled with the black granite of the building, the lack of any ambient lighting inside and the complete silence from both staff and other diners it gave a very good impression of entering a church crypt.
The older waiter took us to our table, gave us our menus and took our orders without saying a single word. When taking our order he just stood staring silently at the wall which although may have been old world manners was quite disconcerting. I thought he may not have spoken English but my girlfriend wanted to change part of her order and he was able to agree to the change. However, when her meal arrived it was wrong. Throughout the whole time there the only words spoken to us by the waiter were, "of course, potatoes not french fries" which he still got wrong. There was not a single, "welcome" "hello" "thank you" etc etc or even a smile from him during our whole meal. Although cheaper, we much preferred to pay slightly more at other restaurants where there was an atmosphere and we were made to feel welcome.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Delightful, cosy restaurant by the harbour. Wonderful service and great menu at affordable prices. Free wi fi too.