“Go here for both the food & the music on Friday & Saturday”

Colegio 27 Restaurant & Jazz Club
Ranked #7 of 196 Restaurants in Ponta Delgada
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Every Friday and Saturday this restaurant has music starting at 8:00pm and I recommend making reservations for a table near the musicians so you can see them perform. My husband & I first went on Friday night and so enjoyed the guy who played and sang local Portuguese songs that we came back on Saturday for a different guy who played Samba music! We ordered the fish special both nights which great. There are very few restaurants in Ponta Delgada that have both good music and good wine & food so we felt lucky to get reservations.

1  Thank baoz

Reviewed February 23, 2013

First of all: the Azores a restaurant-wise not a great culinary destination. But I was positively surprised by Colegio 27. The location is a mixture of modern and classical atmosphere and the place has a cozy feeling to it. The music at times can be a little loud, but this is a Jazz Club as well, so I guess you would have to expect that when going. Our first visit was during season and there were quite some guests. The dinner was excellent. The products used were very good and the classicaly prepared dishes were well executed. In fact, my main course, a beef tenderloin, was one of the best I have ever had. The second visit was completely off season and there was only our table occupied. The food this time was not as good as on the first visit. This is something we experienced a lot on the Azores: the food in restaurants varying in quality according to high and low season. I guess it has something to do with the availability of quality products at this remote place of the earth. The service at this place was very polite and attentive both times, so all in all I would recommend this restaurant as one of the best to be found in Ponta Delgada.

1  Thank oha01
Reviewed December 11, 2012

In one word: fantastic. The most unexpected type of restaurant in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Great atmosphere, great food and great service. The atmosphere is fresh and easy going but the staff is very professional.

2  Thank Gosto_de_comentar
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Wonderful fresh fish and steaks from local cows. Go there when they have live music, it's real great pleasure and not too loud. Very close to the city centre and 5 minutes walk from the harbour.

1  Thank Thomas F
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Great ambience, excellent service, and, most importantly, yummy food. Try the roballo entree and the pineapple dessert. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Christine R