“Cool atmosphere with Local Vibe”

Rotas da Ilha Verde
Ranked #1 of 194 Restaurants in Ponta Delgada
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

It was a little hard to find this place, it was about two blocks past where we thought it was but once we arrived and walked in it was like walking into a friends house. The place is in what looked like a primarily residential area in an old house.
Neither of us are vegetarians but I would consider us meat light. The menu had many options from rice dishes to veggie only. The food was really good, the staff was helpful and explained some dished we inquired about. We enjoyed a three course meal. Check out the bathroom it has a cool sink. Would have been 5 stars but we saw a very large bug crawling across the floor, let the staff know and they grabbed it. None the less it was gross.
I would go for dinner, just watch your step.

2  Thank CJerome

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I am not a vegetarian, but after I visited this place I fell in love. It is a very natural like place, the restaurant is literally in a living room of a residential home. The food is amazing and the atmosphere just right. When I visit Ponta Delgada again in the future this will definitely be one of the places I visit first. Just make sure you get here early enough as they are only open for dinner and fill out pretty fast.

2  Thank xanakon
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My daughters favourite restaurant... Great soups and azorean cuisine as well as macrobiotic. I strongly advise you to try it out

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Rotas has it all - charming laid-back staff, good music and decor, a great varied menu of creative vegetarian food, a good enough wine list and reasonable prices. After 2 weeks of fish and meat around the Azores my wife and I came here one night, were warmly welcomed and had awesome food, then came back for 3 nights in a row. Good idea to book.

1  Thank mquinnie
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stopped here for lunch one day in Sao Miguel. We had read the TA reviews and wanted to check it out. We arrived a bit late for luch but the friendly staff had no trouble seating us. Ordered mussaka and pea soup. They were both very good. The place has nice charm and is creatively decorated. The bathroom is unique. We would go back again if we were craving a vegetarian meal.