“Hip and fun spot for great food in Ponta Delgada”

Rotas da Ilha Verde
Ranked #1 of 196 Restaurants in Ponta Delgada
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Veggies and non-veggies alike will LOVE this hip spot. The staff were so warm and friendly and the food was delish. Great wine recommendations and overall great vibe and scene. Highly recommended!

3  Thank MissMahoo

Reviewed August 29, 2011

We were looked after very well – even though we were a big group of 20.
Very highly recommended - not just for vegetarians

6  Thank Simon T
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Finding the Rotas das Ilha Verde is as easy as spotting the menu in the window of an otherwise seemingly narrow residence street. Entering is a similar feeling as entering someone's living room. The restaurant had a very good starter (we ate tomatoes and feta) and dessert (tea-flavored ice cream and chocolate pudding). The main course was risotto, but we were a bit disappointed as it lacked flavour (as much Azorean cooking).

Overall, this was our best restaurant experience in Ponta Delgada thanks to the designer/home atmosphere (great dining music!) and the very hospitable waitress.

3  Thank Peter A
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I thought it would be a bit tricky to travel on Sao Miguel being a vegetarian but luckily I found Rotas da Ilha verde in Ponta Delgada. Thanks to them I fell asleep happy, full and satisfied every night. During my 6 days in Ponta Delgada I hade dinner there 5 times and I tried 3 starters, 1 salad, 3 main courses and two deserts. I also tried their white, red and green (vino verde) wine. And everything was great!
But if I have to recommend something I would say the tofu dish with mango, ginger and mint sauce and the aubergine cannelloni filled with soya beans and served with fried sweet potato. And my favorite dessert was the chocolate cake.
The portions are big and the service excellent.
Prices are something like this:
Starters: 4 €, Main courses 8 - 13 €, Desserts: 4 €, A glass of wine 3 €.

7  Thank MajaAtterstig
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We are both not vegetarians and we love meat. We would nevertheless highly recommend this excellent restaurant to everybody who likes good food. It is all freshly prepared, tasty stuff for good value for money. We particularly liked the friendly service and the great atmosphere of the place. On weekdays lunchtime, check out the "prato do dia", the cheap daily menu which, despite the low price, is of high quality.

3  Thank Falco1968